Civil Engineering Bursaries
Civil Engineering mainly focuses on management, maintenance, design and construction of naturally and human build environments. Civil Engineering can be broken down into multiple fields, these include structural engineering, environmental engineering, earthquake engineering, forensic engineering, transportation, materials, construction and many other fields of engineering.
There are many Bursaries for Civil Engineering made available within South Africa each year for candidates to consider. Here is a list of some of the companies offering Civil Engineering Bursaries.
Bursaries for Civil Engineering Available 2018-2019 in SA
- Anglo Platinum
- Anglo American
- Acess Trust
- De Beers
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Education
- Department of Higher Education
- Department of Transport
- Eskom Bursaries
- First Rand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship
- Gibb Bursaries
- Haw & Inglis
- Kantey & Templer
- Murray & Roberts
- National Skills Fund
- Water Affairs
- Palabora Copper
- SA Military
- Stefanutti Stocks
- Study Trust
- Water Affairs
Here are the most common study fields if considering a career in Civil Engineering:
- Site Engineer
- Consulting Engineer – Civil
- Water Engineer
- Building Surveyor – Control
- Structural Engineer
- Contracting Engineer – Civil
You may also look at the following fields:
- Patent Attorney
- Building Engineer – Services
- Quantity Surveyor
- Environmental Consultant
- Geologist Engineer
A degree in this field prepares you to work in the building and construction industry, yet, it can also be used in management, financial and other business sectors.
Learners intending to study in this field may require the following to be eligible to apply for a bursary. Yet, more detail is provided by each company listed above.
- Candidates must be a South African citizen and hold a valid ID document.
- Candidates must be in need of financial assistance.
- Candidates must hold an approval letter of acceptance at an Institute of Higher Learning.
- Candidates with a passion for this field and an eagerness to learn it ideal
- Candidates must have outstanding academic records.
Civil Engineering can include the designing and building of bridges, dams, buildings, roads and more. Civil Engineering is used in the public sector, by the Government and also in the private sector.
If you love working with designs and building then this field may be ideal. You can look at the environmental side or the human aspects with a degree in civil engineering.