Are you looking for IT Bursaries? There are many companies, institutions and local governments offering Information Technology bursaries in South Africa.
There is a great demand in SA for Graduates in IT. That is why so many companies offer bursaries to IT students.IT is working with computers, edit, and process computer data, making sure information travels from point A to point B.
Below you will find the updated list for Information Technology bursaries. Currently, the list contains 65 options for you to consider.
IT Bursaries 2020 South Africa
- Access Trust
- BEKA Schreder
- Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
- Capitec Bank Bursary Programme
- City Johannesburg Bursary
- ISFAP (depending on the University
- JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF)
- Land Bank
- Rhodes Trust
- Mabuza Foundation
- Mpumalanga Province
- Musina Local Municipality
- Department of Tourism
- National Treasury
- British American Tobacco
- Mercedes Benz
- MSDF Young Leaders
- Astron Energy
- Ford Graduate Programme
- Mancosa (You must apply to study at Mancosa to be eligible)
- Mossel Bay (MosselBaai)
- Lonmin (PNET)
- North West Provincial Government
- Public Investment Group
- Revolution Media Academy (if studying at this institution)
- Rustenburg Local Municipality
- SIOC Community Development Trust
- South African Reserve Bank (Via Careerwise)
- Standard Bank (apply via Studytrust.co.za)
- Study Trust (Via Leaply)
- Takealot Bursary ( Via Leap.ly)
- Toyota (Via StudyTrust)
- Upstream Trading Trust
- Women in IT
What kind if work can you expect to do after studying Information Technology?
- Computer Programmer
- Systems Manager
- Database Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Computer Scientist
- Database Specialist
- Forensic Computer Investigator
- Software Engineer
IT is everywhere and is a big part of how we are living our lives. Our future depends on computers and people working with computers. It is an evergrowing industry and in high demand for skilled workers. IT is also very versatile and you can up working in hardware, software, or even research.
What are the Requirements for Bursaries in IT?
Every bursary for IT will have its own requirements. Here are listed a few requirements most companies will demand and are pretty basic. A rule of thumb is the better your academic skills are, the better the bursary fund will be. So make sure to excel with your Matric and high school diploma
- You must be a South African citizen with a valid ID document.
- You must have exceptional mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Your academic records must be exceptional.
- You must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Your language skills must be great.
Information Technology is changing the world we live in on a daily basis. If you breathe technology and live technology, consider studying Information Technology and maybe you will become the next Elon Musk.