A number of institutes awards bursaries for law students each year. These bursaries are made available for students who show potential but need financial aid to achieve their dreams. There are a number of bursaries awarded yearly to South African students to aid the development of South Africa and provide skilled workers in a scarce field.
There are many companies providing bursaries for Law and you can find more information about these bursary programs here with the following institutes:
Companies Offering Law Bursaries in South Africa 2018-2019
- Anglo American
- National Treasury Department
- Attorney’s Fidelity Fund
Here are some of the most commonly found study fields if thinking about a career in law:
- BCom Law
- BA Law
- B Proc
To qualify for bursaries for law students within these fields of study, candidates have to have the following:
- Candidates ought to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Candidates must prove the need for financial assistance for further study.
- Candidates must show a strong academic record.
- Candidates must prove their dedication and eagerness to follow these fields.
- Candidates must prove registration and acceptance at an Institute of Higher Learning.
There are a great number of legal firms within South Africa that are always looking for bright young, qualified talent to add to their workforce.
Some of the companies that provide bursaries will also provide candidates with work after successful completion of their studies and some are even obligated to join the firm for a specific term. After this term however you are free to roam the world if that is what will please you as work in these fields is plenty.
Are you dedicated and really desire to study further within these fields? If this is what you want to do with your life, have a look at the bursaries on offer by these companies and make your future come to life. There are many fields of law to have a look at once you have the basic law degree.