Nursing bursaries are made available yearly for South African students with a great compassion and desire to care for those who cannot care for themselves. These bursaries are available to motivated candidates wanting to make a difference within their communities and who are faced with dire financial needs, therefore, cannot study further due to this fact.
There are a number of companies providing bursaries for these fields of study each year and you can find more information about these bursary programs here with the following institutes:
Nursing Bursaries in South Africa 2019-2020
- Department of Health
- Department of Correctional Services
- Department of Social Development
Here are some of the most commonly found study fields you will find within the Nursing field:
- Medical care for Emergency
- Nursing Care
- General Nursing
- Primary Health Care
- Public health
For a student to be eligible to study in the fields of nursing one ought to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Candidates have to prove their need for financial assistance.
- Candidates have to have an outstanding academic record.
- Candidates have to have pre-approval from an institute of higher learning.
- Candidates have to be from a previously disadvantaged background.
Most Students will find work at any state hospital, private hospital, clinic or emergency care services in South Africa as well as international. Students are responsible to find out from the sponsoring company if there is a ‘work-back’ period. For any additional information have a look at the bursaries available here on the site.
There are also possibilities of further study after a nursing field has been successfully completed for those interested in taking their careers even further. Do you have a deep caring for other people and their well-being? If you love working with people and caring for those in need then nursing could be the perfect field of study for you.