Any young Grade 8 students looking to start their Grade 9 year in a prestigious school have come to the right place.
The American International School of Cape Town is now looking for eager students to apply for its scholarship program.
AISCT High School is considered an excellent academic institution, and any student who is enrolled is at an extreme advantage in their educational goals.
If you want to be in this scholarship program, then you need to apply right away.
Below is a guide we’ve provided on exactly how to do that. We also have a breakdown of how this scholarship works and what it will expect from you.
The AISCT Scholarship application period will end on 28 October 2022.
Please make sure to submit your application and any other supporting materials by this date.
Your application won’t be taken into account by the bursary provider if you don’t do this.
What Is This Scholarship About?
The American International School of Cape Town (AISCT) is a non-profit, private co-educational school.
The AISCT was formed in 1997 and is based in Cape Town’s Constantia Hills, with Table Mountain in the background.
AISCT uses a curriculum from the United States and provides College Board Advanced Placement (AP) courses in high school, including the AP Capstone Program.
According to the northern hemisphere calendar, the school year begins in August and finishes in June each year.
The AISCT is now accepting applications for its High School Scholarship program for the 2023 academic year.
Who Can Apply
The AISCT High School Scholarship is for students entering Grade 9 or 10 in 2023 who want to pursue Advanced Placement and earn an American High School Diploma at the American International School of Cape Town.
The award is intended for intellectually gifted South African students who have inadequate financial resources.
Before applying, candidates must meet the minimum entry requirements listed below (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will not be considered):
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must have been born between August 1, 2005, and July 31, 2008.
- You must have finished Grade 8 or higher.
- In 2023, you must be in Grade 9 or Grade 10.
- For the term of the scholarship, you must live in Cape Town or be able to live in Cape Town (with family or guardians).
- You must have demonstrated financial need.
- You must be a member of a formerly disenfranchised demographic group that faced discrimination under the Apartheid system.
- You must be proficient in English (spoken and written)
- You must have a strong academic record in the English language curriculum.
- You must be a strong leader with a strong dedication to service.
- You must agree to follow the rules and standards outlined in the AISCT Parent-Student Handbook.
Scholars are chosen based on two key criteria: merit and demonstrated financial need.
Applicants must complete the admissions evaluation on the AISCT campus.
A scholarship committee will examine applications and chosen grantees will be notified by the end of April 2023.
What Does This Scholarship Cover?
The scholarship will NOT cover the following expenditures: school uniforms, PE uniforms, stationery, transportation charges, meals, and lodging.
Scholarships may cover the whole period of a student’s attendance at AISCT, provided they maintain high academic standing. Scholarships may be canceled if students demonstrate poor academic achievement or behavior.
How To Apply
Applying for this scholarship is fairly easy, all you need to do is download and complete the following application form, which you can find here.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting papers with your online application (submission of these documents are mandatory; if any elements are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photograph (head and shoulders).
- Academic records (report cards/transcripts) for the last four years.
- Form for Student Referral by Current School.
- An updated copy of immunization record (according to the Vaccine.
- (EPI)Schedule for South Africa, all AISCT students must have up-to-date immunizations).
- Introduction to the Scholarship Committee Essay (it should reveal your personality, personal hobbies or aspirations, or any unusual experiences you may have had).
- Extracurricular activities, jobs held, unique study projects, or activities in which you have participated in the last two years in your school, community, or personal hobbies should be included on your résumé.
Applications should be sent to Mrs. Helen Petersen (Admissions Director) through email at email@example.com.
(In the email subject line, type “AISCT Scholarship Application”).
If you have any questions about this scholarship, then you can get in touch with AISCT High School directly through the following means:
Tel: 021 713 2220
Good luck with your application!