When studying structure, composition, change and properties of all matter, you are doing chemistry. The study of chemical reactions, bonding and properties of atoms is all part of chemistry. This includes studying the interaction and reaction from a variety of materials, matter and atoms to each other and other substances. Are you seeking bursaries for chemistry?
There are many companies offering bursaries for chemistry in South Africa. Here are some of those companies to consider if you want to study in this field.
Bursaries for Chemistry
- Palabora Copper Bursary
- Rhodes Trust Bursary
- British American Tobacco Bursary
- Sacema Bursaries
- Water Affairs Bursaries
- Sasol Bursaries
- Lonmin Bursaries
- CSIR Bursaries
Here are the most common career paths when studying Chemistry:
- Analytical Chemist
- Research Scientist
- Forensic Scientist
- Healthcare Scientist
You may also look at the following fields:
- Consultant – Environmental
- Attorney – Patent
- Writer – Science
- Manager – Environmental
Chemistry is also known as Central Science and can be followed back through the millennia to alchemy. It also includes a variety of other fields such as geology, natural science, biology and physics. Therefore, you can enter a wide variety of industries.
Applicants wanting to study in this field must meet the stipulations as set out by each company to apply for a bursary. Basic stipulations may include the following and more:
- Candidates must have a valid ID document and be a citizen of South Africa.
- Candidates must have great analytical, problem-solving and mathematic skills.
- Candidates must be able to work as part of a team.
- Candidates must have outstanding language skills, oral and written.
- Candidates must have problem-solving skills, organization, and time management skills and be able to maintain records and data accurately.
Chemistry is a valuable field and can take you into many directions. You will not necessarily spend the rest of your days in a lab unless it is the place you want to be.