Agricultural bursaries offer talented students the chance to further their skills. The aim is to develop the talents and abilities of individuals to benefit the industry. Bursaries in Agriculture offer financial aid to candidates that show their desire to study into these fields but cannot afford the studies.
Bursaries in Agriculture
There are a number of companies that have agriculture bursaries available yearly for these and other agricultural fields of study.
List of agriculture Bursaries
- Potatoes SA
- The Department of Agriculture, Forestry & Fishery
Here are some of the most commonly found study fields if considering agriculture as a career choice:
- Plant Production (Agricultural Economics)
- Agronomy (Agricultural Economics)
- Animal Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Viticulture (Agricultural Economics)
- Soil Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Horticultural (Agricultural Economics)
- Food science
- Plant Pathology
Students who want to follow any of these study fields are required to have the following to qualify for a bursary concerning these fields of study within South Africa.
- Students must be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Students must be able to prove the need for financial aid.
- Students must have outstanding academic records with 80% or higher marks.
- You must prove your dedication and eagerness to follow this field of study.
Except from being able to find work at a number of institutions across South Africa students will also be able to look at international opportunities with their qualifications. Some companies that sponsor bursaries will require students to work for them for a specific time period as repayment but not all, so the student should confirm with the company beforehand. You will find a number of bursary programs within this site that provides sufficient information on the bursaries.
With these qualifications students who complete their qualifications successfully could also look at starting their own company in the future if so desired. Each bursary offers students the opportunity to gain knowledge and better their lives drastically. Your future is in your hands and what you decide to do will determine your success or failure.
Have a look at the range of bursaries available and decide what you truly want to do for the rest of your life. Where does your passion lie? All the information is within your grasp, now it’s up to you!