Now here’s a great opportunity for students with a passion for various fields.
The Bergrivier Municipality is now looking for eager and talented students to apply for its bursary program.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their studies in this field but lacks the financial means to do so.
The bursary program will require you to meet a few requirements to be considered an ideal applicant.
If you meet these requirements, then you need to apply right away.
Below is a breakdown of exactly how this bursary works and what you will need to do during the application process.
The Bergrivier Municipality Bursary application period will end on 13 January 2023.
Please make sure to submit your application and any other supporting materials by this date.
Your application won’t be taken into account by the bursary provider if you don’t do this.
What Is This Bursary About?
A nation’s backbone is its young people. A nation’s success is dependent on their involvement and contribution.
As a result, it is critical to assist children in achieving their academic goals and progressing in their chosen career.
Many scholarships are available in South Africa to assist worthy and outstanding youngsters, one of which is the Bergrivier Municipality bursary.
If you have a strong desire to learn and require assistance, this bursary program might be quite beneficial.
Bergrivier is a municipality in South Africa’s Western Cape province that has an area of 4400 square kilometers.
It connects the Groot Winterhoek Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean.
This municipal body oversees Velddrif, Piketberg, Porterville, and the surrounding rural districts.
Bergrivier is surrounded by municipalities such as Swartland, Witzenberg, Saldanha, Cederberg, and Drakenstein.
One of the municipality’s aims is to care after the well-being and improvement of the people who live inside its borders.
Their mission is to build a community for inhabitants where everyone may work, play, and study in a decent environment.
The Bergrivier Municipality is united by key principles such as serving with pride, believing in discipline, believing in healthy relationships, and so forth.
Apart from supplying basic necessities like as electricity, water, energy, and infrastructure, the Bergrivier municipality also caters to the scholastic needs of students who live under its domain.
Who Can Apply
For the academic year 2023, the Bergrivier municipality offers a scholarship program to students in its region.
Students pursuing a first degree or National Diploma in any of the following fields of study are eligible to apply for this bursary:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
Students who seek to receive the Bergrivier bursaries 2023 must fulfill the municipality’s qualifying conditions. Failure to satisfy the eligibility standards will result in the student’s application being rejected.
- A South African citizen and a valid South African ID number are required.
- Students must be full-time inhabitants of the Bergrivier municipality.
- Students between the ages of 18 and 35 will be favored. However, students of all ages are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must intend to study full-time for a first degree or a National Diploma.
- Students must have completed their preceding years of study.
- To study at a tertiary institution, one must first satisfy the institution’s eligibility requirements.
- The applicant must plan to study in a South African accredited/recognized institution.
- Students with household incomes below the GAP housing level will be prioritized for this scholarship program.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
This bursary program will provide financial cover for a candidate’s tuition and registration fees.
The scholarship will be given immediately to the institution where the student has been accepted. Students who receive bursaries must sign a contract with the Bergrivier Municipality.
How To Apply
Applying for this bursary is fairly easy, all you need to do is download and complete the following application form, which you can find here.
Students should send copies of the following documents with their application form:
- ID document certified copy
- a certified copy of the matriculation result or certificate
- Complete academic record, as well as a copy of the most recent results printed on the institution’s letterhead
- Proof of residential address and ID of parents or guardians
- Proof of enrollment or admission at a tertiary institution
- Fee breakdown for the entire year on institutional letterhead
- Family income Proof of parentage or guardianship (payslip, job letter, affidavit if unemployed, grant proof, death certificate if parents/guardians are deceased)
- If applicable, proof of disability
Complete applications with clear markings “Application for Bursary Opportunity 2023” must be presented in person at the different municipal offices (Piketberg, Porterville, Velddrif, Eendekuil, Aurora, Redelinghuys, Goedverwacht) to Mr. D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development) by the closing date.
Applications must be hand-delivered to one of the municipal offices:
- Aurora: Main Street, Aurora, 7325, Western Cape (Tel: 022 952 1720)
- Porterville: Mark Street, Porterville, 6810, Western Cape (Tel: 022 931 2100)
- Piketberg: Kerkstraat 13, Piketberg, 7320, Western Cape (Tel: 022 913 6000)
- Velddrif: Voortrekker Street, Velddrif, 7365, Western Cape (Tel: 022 783 1112)
- Redelinghuys: Voortrekker Street, Redelinghuys, 8105, Western Cape (Tel: 022 962 1605)
- Eendekuil: Hoof Street, Eendekuil, 7335, Western Cape (Tel: 022 942 1780)
If you have any questions about this bursary, then you can get in touch with The Bergrivier Municipality directly through the following means:
Name: Mr. D Boumeester
Telephone: 022 913 6055
Good luck with your application!