Great news for students looking to get into various fields of study!
Foskor is providing the opportunity for anyone interested to apply for their bursary program.
The company is looking to provide a way for bright and hard-working students to reach their potential in their chosen fields so that one day, they may thrive and benefit themselves along with their field.
Any student with a passion for these fields of study is encouraged to apply and grow a successful career in this field.
Below is a fully detailed guide on exactly what this Bursary is, how it works, and what it needs from applicants.
This bursary will close on 14 April 2023. Please make sure to submit your application along with the requested support documents before this date.
If you don’t, you will not be considered for selection and the bursary provider will reject your application.
What Is This Bursary Program?
The Industrial Development Corporation established Foskor in 1951. The firm was created with the intention of generating phosphates for the South African agriculture industry.
Foskor is now the country’s sole manufacturer of phosphoric acid, phosphate ore, and granular fertilizer.
The Group’s core businesses include phosphate rock mining, phosphate-based fertilizer manufacture, and phosphoric acid production.
Mining takes place in Phalaborwa, Limpopo, while processing takes place at Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal.
Who Can Apply
This bursary program will be open to students involved in the following fields:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Science (majoring in Business Analytics) (BCom)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimum entrance criteria (please note that failure to meet all requirements may result in your application being rejected):
- You must have finished Matriculation.
- You must have a minimum grade point average of 60% in Mathematics, Science, or a Commercial field.
- You must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the fields of study indicated above full-time.
- You must be enrolled in a South African university that is recognized and approved.
- You must not be the recipient of any other bursary support.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
This bursary will provide financial cover to successful candidates to a certain extent. The amount will be disclosed privately.
How To Apply
Applications are fairly simple. All you need to do is gather the following documents:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae including your contact details (maximum 1 page)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution, indicating your field of study (on the institution’s letterhead)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of Ms. K Modiba.
(Insert the following reference in the email subject line: “FOSB2023”).
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Foskor directly through the following means:
Good luck with your application!