Students looking to take their qualifications in the arts a step further but lack the financial means to do so may just be in luck.
The Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation are now accepting applications for its bursary program.
This is a great opportunity for students who want to work toward their qualifications without the stress and pressure that comes with the financial burden of studies.
If this seems promising to you, then we highly recommend that you apply right away.
Below is a guide on exactly how this bursary operates and what it will need from you during the application process.
Applications for the Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation Bursary will be closing on 17 June 2022.
Please make sure that your application is in by then along with all requested supporting documents needed.
Failure to do so will result in your application not being considered for selection by the Bursary provider.
What is This Bursary About?
This bursary program caters to students in the performing and visual arts fields.
This bursary will also cater to students that are on both a postgraduate and undergraduate level.
The bursary provider, the Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation is located in the North West province. It is a public entity of the Department of Arts, Culture, Sports, and Recreation.
The organization is focused on the development of these specific areas for the residents of the North West province and the country.
Who Can Apply
As mentioned above, this bursary is catered toward performing and visual arts students on both postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
However, applicants will still need to meet the following criteria to be considered ideal applicants for this bursary program:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be living in the North West province.
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification, within Performing Arts or Visual Arts fields of study.
- Applicants must be studying or accepted to study at an accredited institution of learning in South Africa.
- Applicants must NOT be currently receiving NSFAS funding.
- Applicants must NOT be an employee of Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation or a Government employee.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
This bursary will provide financial cover for a candidate’s tuition fees, accommodation, and study materials.
However, it will not cover meals and transport.
How To Apply
Applications for this bursary are relatively simple.
All you need to do is download and complete the application form here.
Once you have done so you will need to have the following support documents:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Proof of admission.
- A full academic record.
- A breakdown of your institution’s fees.
- Your institution’s banking details.
- Parents, guardians, or applicant’s proof of income, if employed (3 months recent payslips).
- Proof of financial need, if applicable (affidavit and motivational letter).
- Proof of residence in the North West Province.
Once these steps are complete you will need to submit everything via email to Bursary2022@mmabana.org.za
Make sure to include “Bursary Application 2022” in the subject line.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the Mmabana Arts, Culture, and Sports Foundation Bursary, then you can contact the organization directly through the following means:
Contact person: Ms Pumla Mpahlwa
Tel: 066 421 2796
Good luck with your application!