For any student that is hardworking and career-orientated, that is in need of financial assistance to fund their studies, this might be the solution!
Nedbank is now inviting students to apply for its bursary program.
This is a great opportunity for any student since this bursary will cater to any field of study.
Nedbank considers this bursary program as external since it does not specifically apply to students in finance.
That’s why if this is something that has a promising result for you, we highly recommend that you apply.
Below is a detailed guide on exactly how to go about that.
Applications for the Nedbank External Bursary program will be closing on 30 June 2022.
Please make sure that your application is submitted by then along with all requested support documents.
Failure to do so will result in your application not being accepted by the bursary provider.
What is This Bursary About?
The Nedbank External Bursary program aims to provide financial assistance to students with promising academic skills.
This bursary applies to students intending to study full-time for their first year of study with a recognized tertiary education institution.
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this bursary.
They will be invited for a virtual interview and psychometric testing among other assessments.
Who Can Apply
This bursary is open to students intending to study in any academic field. However, they will still need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be studying in grade 12 or have passed grade 12 within the last two years.
- Applicants must have enrolled to study for an undergraduate course in the year 2022.
- Applicants must be studying or have been accepted to study full-time at a South African public University or a University of Technology in the year 2022.
- Applicants need a minimum average score of 65%in their current year of study at a Matric or University level.
- Applications from grade 12 graduates and senior certificate holders with Mathematics Literacy will not be accepted.
- Applicants should score a minimum of 65% in all subjects aligned to the University degree.
- Applicants must prove their financial needs.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
This bursary will provide financial cover for the following:
- Tuition fees
- Examination fees
- Registration fees
- Textbook and study materials
- Other compulsory charges
How To Apply
Applications are fairly simple. All you need to do is fill out the following online application form which you can here.
Make sure to the following support documents to your application:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- A cover letter.
- Grade 11 final results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
- Grade 12 final results as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in your first year at university.
- Your last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
- An updated CV.
- A certified copy of ID documents of parents/guardians
- Parents/guardian income proof of income:
- Letter of employment or latest payslip (not older than 3 months)
- Proof of social grant (if applicable)
- Affidavit of unemployment
- If an informal hawker or trader: home loan statement, proof of income, council rates, and taxes statement
- Latest bank statement (3 months)
- Death certificate of deceased parents
- If receiving a pension, grant, maintenance, rent, or interest attach a pension slip or bank statement (not older than 3 months)
- In the case of commission earners IRP5, IT3, and IT12 form of the last two years.
- Written consent from parents and other earning members confirming that they have no objection to their income details being shared with third parties for verification
- Nedbank Financial Checks Affidavit filled and signed by applicant and parent/guardian.
- Disabled applicants may submit a medical letter from the doctor confirming the disability.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the Nedbank External Bursary, then you can contact the company directly:
Good luck with your application!