For those who want to grow and make a difference in various STEM fields, then you’ve come across the right bursary for you!
Ninety-One is now accepting applications for its bursary program.
This is a great opportunity for any student who wants to earn a qualification but lacks the financial means to do so.
If you can see yourself getting involved in this sort of program then you need to apply right away.
However, you will need to meet a few requirements from the bursary provider.
Below is a guide on exactly how this bursary works and what it will need from you during the application process.
Applications for the Ninety-One Bursary will be closing on 31 July 2022.
Please make sure that your application and all supporting documents are submitted before this date.
If you fail to do so, your application will not be considered for selection by the Bursary provider.
What is The Ninety-One Bursary?
Investec Asset Management’s successor, Ninety One SA (Pty) Ltd, is a licensed supplier of financial services.
The name change for Investec Asset Management, established in 1991, will occur in 2020.
The asset management company has offices in London, the United Kingdom, and Cape Town, South Africa, where it is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE), respectively.
The company is currently inviting students to apply for its Changeblazer Bursary program.
Who Can Apply
The following fields of study will be eligible for bursaries:
- Education (Mathematics and Science)
- Financial Services (Business and Finance)
- Healthcare (excluding: Dentistry, Medicine, and Veterinary Science)
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
Before applying, candidates must meet the minimum admission requirements listed below (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will not be considered):
- You must be a resident of South Africa.
- By 2023, you must be younger than 21.
- You must be a current matriculant. You must intend to pursue a degree at a full-time pace in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
- In 2023, you must be beginning your first year of college. You must have the intention of enrolling in a reputable university in South Africa.
- You must have obtained a Grade 11 cumulative average of at least 70% or a Level 6 in English, Mathematics, or Sciences.
- You must demonstrate a need for money (with a family income of less than R600 000 per year) (If applicable, specific conditions will be evaluated)
- You must meet the minimal entry requirements for the field of study you have chosen.
- You must have a strong academic background.
- You need to be an effective leader.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
The following expenditures will be covered by the bursary: complete tuition costs, study materials, lodging, and meals.
Career Wise is in charge of accepting, screening, and shortlisting applicants for the bursary program.
Students who have been shortlisted must appear for a panel interview assessment before the final decision is made.
How To Apply
You must submit applications online at Ninety-One Bursary Application.
Use “NINETY-ONE” as the promotional code or reference.
Clear copies of the following supporting papers may need to be sent with your online application (submitting these documents is required; if any are missing, your application will be rejected):
- A certified copy of your ID.
- A certified copy of your Grade 11 final results.
- A certified copy of your latest Matric results.
- Proof of university enrollment or application for 2023. (on institutes letterhead)
- Current payslips, an affidavit, a SASSA, or a pension slip, if applicable, are proof of the parents’ or guardians’ household income.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the Ninety-One Bursary program, then you can contact the organization directly through the following means:
Tel: 086 100 7787 / 011 258 4464
Good luck with your application!