If you’re looking to get into the mining sector with an engineering, finance, or admin career, then you’re in luck!
The Tronox Mining Company is offering students the chance to apply for their bursary program.
This is a great opportunity for students in financial need to grow in their academic studies and start a lucrative career with the backing of an esteemed company.
If this is something that seems promising to you, then we highly recommend that you apply.
Below is a guide on exactly how the Tronox Bursary works and what it will need from anyone who wants to apply.
Applications for the Tronox Bursary will be closing on 22 April 2022.
Please make sure that your application is submitted by then along with all requested support documents.
Failure to do so will result in your application not being accepted by the Tronox Mining Company.
What is The Tronox Bursary?
The Tronox Bursary program will be catering to undergraduate students pursuing a B Eng/ BSc/ B Tech in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Survey (Underground)
Please note that students can only apply for 1 field of study.
Applicants will also need to go through an evaluation process where they will undergo background screening, medical examinations, and psychometric assessments.
Candidates will be chosen abiding by the Employment Equity Policy.
Tronox is one of South Africa’s biggest mining companies.
The company is committed to various business operations that benefit both the country and Tronox itself.
This bursary program is a great example of that.
Helping promising students reach their goals while enriching and improving the company at the same time.
Who Can Apply
The Tronox Bursary will be focused on undergraduate students.
However, they will still need to meet the following requirements set by the company to be considered an ideal candidate:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be studying or intend to study one of the fields listed above.
- Applicants must have recently matriculated or be in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of study in the 2022 academic year.
- Applicants must be studying or intend to study at a recognized South African tertiary education institution.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum score of Level 6 for Mathematics and Science, and Level 5 for English in Matric (if not yet studying).
- Applicants must have earned at least an overall average of 65% in their most recent studies (if currently studying).
- Preference will be given to students from the Saldanha and Matzikama municipal areas.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
The Tronox Bursary will provide financial cover for a candidate’s prescribed books, tuition fees, accommodation, and meals.
Candidates will also need to take part in practical work as advised by their institution and the Tronox company.
How To Apply
Applications for this bursary are quite easy. All you need to do is gather the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- A cover letter that outlines your preferred field of study.
- An updated CV.
- A certified copy of your matric final results.
- 2021 final year results (if applicable).
- Proof of residence.
Once you have these gathered you can send them via email to: Mabel.Terblanche@Tronox.com
Make sure to include, “Tronox Bursary Application 2022” in the email’s subject line.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Tronox Bursary, then you can contact the company directly through its contact portal:
Contact portal: https://www.tronox.com/contact-us/
Good luck with your application!