Great news for students looking to get into their tertiary studies!
The African Cosmos Education Trust is providing the opportunity for anyone interested to apply for their bursary program.
The organization aims to enrich South Africa’s youth by providing as much education as possible to change the dynamic of the country through educated youth that can contribute more to the country.
Any student with a passion for education is encouraged to apply and grow a successful career in this field.
Below is a fully detailed guide on exactly what this Bursary is, how it works, and what it needs from applicants.
This bursary will close on 17 March 2023. Please make sure to submit your application along with the requested support documents before this date.
If you don’t, you will not be considered for selection and the bursary provider will reject your application.
What Is This Bursary Program?
Africa Cosmos Consulting & Training Services (Pty) Ltd is a BBBEE Level 1 supplier that offers consultancy, skills development, training services, and projects through its many entities.
Since 1986, the organization has also empowered countless people through learnerships and training.
Africa Cosmos owes much of its success to its staff of dedicated, skilled, and experienced subject matter experts, who provide training and learning in four primary areas: security and firearm training, cash professional training, skills development and SETA funding, and learnerships.
Africa Cosmos Education Trust is inviting students to apply for their bursary program, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for N4 – N6, Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Honours, Masters, Doctorate, Ph.D.) studies towards the following qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Postgraduate Diploma and National Certificate.
Who Can Apply
Applications are open to students involved in the following fields:
- Business Administration
- Business Analysis
- Commerce and Economics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Computer Systems Engineering
- Financial Accounting
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems and Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Quantitative Finance
- Risk Management
- Security and Safety Management
- Supply Chain Management
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimum entrance criteria (please note that failure to meet all requirements may result in your application being rejected):
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must have finished Matriculation.
- You must be studying or intend to study for one of the above-mentioned credentials in one of the above-mentioned fields of study.
- You must be studying or intend to study in a South African-recognized and approved higher institution.
- You must be under the age of 35.
- You must be out of work.
- You must be able to attain and sustain an adequate pass rate throughout your courses.
- You must have an appropriate attendance record and be able to keep it.
- You must have a solid attendance record and follow the norms and regulations of your selected higher institution.
- You must not be enrolled in any other financial aid scheme.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition costs, examination fees, housing, required textbooks, and a one-time stipend. The Trust will calculate the overall value of the bursary.
Applicants will also be needed to participate in Africa Cosmos Education Trust programs and sign into an agreement with the Bursar and its Administrator.
Candidates must download and study the following papers for further information and terms about the bursary program:
Shortlisted candidates will be reviewed by the Africa Cosmos Education Trust committee, and successful applicants will be notified no later than 14 April 2023.
Consider your application failed if you have not received a response by this date.
Successful Matric Examination applicants will be notified as soon as the Trust receives their final Matric results.
How To Apply
Applications are fairly simple. All you need to do is download and complete the following application form, which you can find here.
Send clear copies of the following supporting material with your completed application form (submission of these papers is required; if any elements are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photo (passport/ ID size), to be attached to the first page of the application form
- ID document or Passport (certified copy)
- Matric certificate
- Full academic transcripts, if currently studying
- Proof of preliminary acceptance from your institution
- Tax invoice stating tuition costs, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks (if applicable)
- Testimonial letter from a teacher, principal, faculty dean, or lecturer (whichever is applicable)
- Proof of household income and number of dependents
- Monthly household budget, with a list of income and expenses
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents or passports
- Affidavit if parents/ guardians are unemployed
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of address
- Medical certificates, if applicable
- Essay (see details on the application form, point 7)
- Letter of recommendation from your parent or guardian (optional)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
SBV House, 17
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the Africa Cosmos Education Trust Bursary, then you can contact the organization directly through the following means:
Contact Person: Ms Mifferndri Moodley / Ms Jessie Radebe
Tel: 011 283 2000
Good luck with your application!