Great news for students looking to get into their tertiary studies!
IVANPLATS Mining is providing the opportunity for anyone interested to apply for their bursary program.
IVANPLATS (Pty) Ltd is an Ivanhoe Mines company focused on developing its flagship palladium-rhodium-nickel-copper-gold property.
The mine, which is located in the Limpopo province near Mokopane, extracts minerals from underground using the most advanced mining technologies. IVANPLATS intends to employ this technology indefinitely to create its “future mine.”
Any student with a passion for education is encouraged to apply and possibly grow a successful career in this field.
Below is a fully detailed guide on exactly what this Bursary is, how it works, and what it needs from applicants.
This bursary will close on 13 March 2023. Please make sure to submit your application along with the requested support documents before this date.
If you don’t, you will not be considered for selection and the bursary provider will reject your application.
What Is This Bursary Program?
Ivanhoe Mines is a Canadian mining company focused on increasing production in South Africa, expanding the Kamoa-Kakula copper joint-venture mine from the Democratic Republic of the Congo to South Africa, and discovering the Platreef palladium-rhodium-platinum-nickel-copper-gold discovery in South Africa.
Ivanhoe mines are continuously making fresh copper finds and is a global leader in the mining business.
IVANPLATS is accepting applications for its bursary program for the 2023 school year.
Bursaries for undergraduate study in ANY subject will be offered to students living near identified mining towns.
Successful applicants will be enrolled in the bursary program for a maximum of four years, or until they complete their undergraduate degree.
Throughout the program, the applicant will work in all areas of the mine (both below and on the surface), gaining mining-related certifications.
Candidates who are shortlisted/successful will be informed within 14 days after the closing date; if you have not received feedback by this time, please consider your application failed.
Who Can Apply
Applicants must satisfy the minimum entrance criteria listed below before applying:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa.
- You must have finished Matric.
- You must be in your first or second year of a genuine complete NQF-level aligned qualification.
- You must be enrolled in a South African university that is recognized and approved.
- You must live in one of IVANPLATS’ mining settlements.
- You must be willing to work underground as well as on mining surfaces and in all mining activities.
- All appropriate fitness and health exams must be passed.
- You must be completely immunized and have a Covid-19 immunization certificate.
- You must be enthusiastic about the mining industry. Priority will be given to historically disadvantaged individuals from local communities/IVANPLATS’ neighboring areas.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
The bursary will cover expenses related to your studies. The extent of which will be disclosed to successful applicants.
How To Apply
Applications are fairly simple. All you need to do is apply online here. You will first need to register an account on the site before applying.
Make sure to include the following supporting documents:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence (letter from a tribal Authority/ ward councilor confirming your address)
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the IVANPLATS Bursary, then you can contact the organization directly through the following means:
Contact Number: 015 491 0600
Good luck with your application!