As one of the leading suppliers of petroleum products in South Africa, Astron Energy has an extensive network of over 850 Caltex branded service stations. They own and operate the country’s third-largest crude oil refinery in Cape Town; petrol, diesel, jet fuel, LPG, bitumen gas, and other products are produced, with a capacity of 100,000 barrels a day, and a lubricants manufacturing plant in Durban.
Astron Energy employs over 500 direct jobs, 13,000 supplier and contractor jobs. They believe in developing, promoting education, encourage continued economic growth, and health and economic development. Those who display Astron Energy’s core values; integrity, safety & sustainability, accountability, high performance, collaboration, diversity & inclusion, and innovation, are invited to apply for the Astron Energy Bursary.
Closing date of the bursary
All applications need to be submitted by the 14th April 2021. No late submissions will be accepted.
About This Bursary
Administered by CareerWise, the Astron Energy Programme Bursary welcomes all who meet the relevant requirements to apply. Students will have the opportunity to take part in Astron Energy’s in-service training programmes, postgraduate-, apprenticeship-, and learnership programs.
Career Wise act on behalf of Astron Energy and responsible for accepting, scanning, and shortlisting candidates. Students who are shortlisted are required to attend a panel interview where Astron Energy will make the final selection.
What does this bursary cover?
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation and meals
- Textbook Allowance
Who Can Apply?
Students who are disabled are encouraged to apply for the Astron Energy Programme Bursary. If you do not meet all the requirements, they will not consider your application.
- South African Citizen
- Hold a 1st-degree qualification
- In your 2nd Postgraduate or final year of study
- Provide proof of registration at a registered South African University or University of Technology
- In need of financial assistance
Those who have enrolled in the following disciplines may apply for the bursary:
- Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Production, Process and Industrial
- Information Technology, Data Analytics
- Facilities Management, Operations Management, Production Management, Property Studies
- Accounting, Economics, Finance
- Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Digital Marketing, Sales and Marketing
- Communication, Media Studies, Graphic Design, Human Resources Management
- Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety
You can download more information on the Astron Energy Programme Bursary using this link.
- Copy of South African ID document
- Proof of registration at South African Institute of Higher Learning registered with DHET
- Certified copies of full academic records
- Curriculum Vitae
How to Apply?
You can apply for the Astron Energy Bursary Programme by any of the following:
Click on the “Apply” button, type in your email address and click “Continue”.
Follow the prompts and upload all the relevant documentation.
- Email your application and all documentation to Career Wise or by fax: 086-609-7183
All applications need to quote the Vacancy title as “ASTRON21BURSARY” in the subject line to consider your application.
- Apply online with all required documentation and ensure the Promotional Code “ASTRON21BURSARY” is used before submitting the application.
Click on the link for more information on Astron Energy and their many career opportunities.