Great news for students looking to get into various fields of study!
The Central Applications Clearing House (CACH) is providing the opportunity for anyone interested to apply for their application program.
The organization aims to help people redo their matric and help them get into tertiary institutions and pursue their dream careers.
Any student with a passion for their future is encouraged to apply and grow a successful career
Below is a fully detailed guide on exactly what this program is, how it works, and what it needs from applicants.
This bursary will close on 31 March 2023. Please make sure to submit your application along with the requested support documents before this date.
If you don’t, you will not be considered for selection and the bursary provider will reject your application.
What Is This Bursary Program?
Since 2013, the Central Applications Clearing House (CACH) has been assisting Matriculants who have not yet been accepted into higher education institutions.
Each year, CACH helps numerous candidates by giving them a second chance at beginning their education by assisting those who did not get a chance with their original application, but vastly improved with their final Grade 12 results.
Many institutions and SETA’s use CACH’s database for placement by finding prospective students who meet their requirements to begin their tertiary studies.
CACH is a free service offered by the DHET to both applicants and public institutions that has helped thousands of people achieve their educational goals.
CACH is now accepting applications for their study service program for the 2023 academic year.
CACH aims to provide this unique, free service to candidates who have not yet found placement at higher institutions after graduating school by matching their NSC exam results and study preferences with relevant institutions/ places.
CACH collects information of learners who have completed Grade 12, who are interested in studying at a tertiary institution and “signs them up” for consideration with an affiliated institution.
The institution can choose suitable candidates via CACH’s self-service database who are then sent an offer via SMS/ email which they can either accept or reject.
As soon as candidates have accepted the offer and have been selected by the institution, they will be contacted directly by the institution.
Who Can Apply
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have completed Matric in 2000 or later
- You must have an NSC/ SC certificate that CACH can successfully download from the Department of Basic Education (DBE) (DBE)
- You must be planning to study at a University, University of Technology, or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College
You will also need to meet the terms and conditions of CACH before applying:
- Sign-ups may only be done via the CACH website
- Institutions have already started making offers, therefore, you are encouraged to submit your sign-up as soon as possible
- Your sign-up will only be valid once you fill in all the mandatory information and you NSC/SC has been obtained from the DBE
- Please ensure that you include the correct contact details, as it will be used to send communications
- You are solely responsible for the information you provide during your sign-up as well as checking its status
- Institutions have the final choice in selection, not CACH
- Offer messages will be sent to you via sms/ directly from institutions
- All offers have an expiration date, so be sure to respond to the offer as soon as possible
- Once you have received an offer, your sign-up details are temporarily removed from the database until you have responded to it
- You may ignore/ decline an offer, but once you have done this 3 times, your details will be removed from the database permanently
- Institutions may withdraw their offer if you do not meet their conditions/ you have provided false information
- CACH will try its utmost to reflect all information provided by both parties (candidate and institution) accurately, however, should there be any errors, CACH will not be liable for any loss, expense, or claim relating to the error
What Does This Bursary Cover?
This program will provide you with the opportunity for people to redo their matric and potentially enter tertiary education.
How To Apply
Applications are fairly simple. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Applications must be done online at CACH Applications
- Click on “LEARNER SIGN-UP” in the green bar
- Click on the wording “Sign-Up Online NOW”
- Enter your ID number (if you are a South African citizen) or passport number (if you are a foreign student)
- You will then be required to fill in your personal details, contact details
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions (above) and submit your application
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact CACH directly through the following means:
Tel: 0860 690 722
Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays), from 08h00 to 16h00
Good luck with your application!