The Department of Sports, Arts and Culture (DSAC) is one of South Africa’s government departments and has opened an amazing opportunity to North-West University (NWU) students that require financial aid in the language field to help further their studies and develop the needed language skills in South Africa.
Their main objective is to create change, encourage a strong level of excellence, and build better lives for South Africans by the delivery of Sports, Arts and Culture.
Being a part of global higher education the University takes part in student and staff exchanges, including cultural, academic and sporting affairs. Students can study in a flexible environment that allows them a vast selection of options regarding their studies, enabling them to reach their full potential as they study towards their desired career and further their education.
The North-West University is an integrated and multi-campus university, a combination of the Potchefstroom, Mahikeng and Vanderbijlpark campuses. It is strongly linked with the communities of the Province as seen by the University’s activities, research, and teaching-learning structure, and by supporting students to advance in their studies.
Closing date of the Programme
The deadline to apply for the DSAC Bursary is 31 August 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
About This Bursary
The North-West University and DSAC invite students who want to apply for a Language-based bursary for the academic year in 2022.
Who Can Apply?
Full-time Undergraduates, and full-time and part-time Honours and MA students registered in language studies at the NWU can apply for the DSAC bursary. Please ensure that you read through all instructions carefully before submitting your application.
Only PDF formats will be accepted, no other formats such as jpg or tiff will be accepted.
The following subjects will be considered:
- Language practice
- South African Sign Language
- Language Technology
- Clear front and back certified copy of ID (Not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration (NWU 2021)
- Download from the NWU website (login with student number and eFundi password and select ‘Student 360’)
- Request electronic copy from the Academic Administration
- Completed records of tertiary education
- The supervisor must have signed off the progress report for MA students
- A minimum result of 60% in at least one of the subject fields
- Honours students need to take at least 2 linguistic-based modules
- Postgraduate students topics need to be linguistic-based
- Matric certificate is not to be submitted
Required Documents only for Online Applications:
- Certified copy of ID (Not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration with NWU
How to Apply?
Applicants can only apply for the bursary online via their website. Please ensure that you have all relevant and correct documentation ready or your application will be rejected and you’ll need to start the application process again, only electronic copies will be accepted.
It is compulsory for all fields to be completed in order for your application to be successful. Once your application has been successful it will be sent to the bursary administrator and they may require you to submit further supporting documentation.
For any queries relating to the DSAC language bursary or the application process, you may contact Maryka van Zyl by email: email@example.com
Academic Administration Contact Details
Tel. no. 018 299 4201
Tel. no. 018 289 2268 / 2269
Tel. no. 016 910 3117 / 3344