The FASSET bursary is provided by FASSET, one of the largest companies with financial management and accounting skills in South Africa.
They support anyone who is pursuing a degree in any finance-related study at South Africa University. The Fasset bursary is an excellent opportunity if you are interested in a finance and accountancy study.
Besides promoting accountancy skills to new graduates, they also encourage students to complete their tertiary qualification and stimulates professional growth.
There isn’t one. Submissions are opened throughout the academic year.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
FASSET is the acronym for Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority. The company is based in Johannesburg.
Besides the accounting and finance-related sectors, it covers management consulting sectors as well, with more than 2000 students using their administration.
FASSET only funds public institutions. Their mission is to maximize success in finance-related studies at South Africa Universities.
WHAT DOES THIS BURSARY COVER
It’s a full bursary, meaning the FASSET bursary covers the tuition fees and everything that follows student needs like literature, meals, and accommodation.
FASSET’s scarce skills
The following occupations are recognized as occupations in which organizations experience a need for more employees.
The list below represents scarce skills in the financial and accounting services sector that FASSET is willing to fund:
- Accountants and Auditors
- ICT Professionals
- Management Consultants
- Financial Markets Professionals
- Bookkeeping, Accounting Technician and Clerks
- Internal Auditors and Risk Managers
- Actuaries and Statisticians
- Debt Collectors
- Marketing Professionals
To apply for the Fasset bursary it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements:
- Black South African citizen / colored South African citizen from the Western Cape/ Northern Cape;
- Second last year or final year of their undergraduate studies;
- Disabled candidates of any race;
- Full-time undergraduate studies in a public South African tertiary institution;
- Must intend to study one of the qualifications referred to the top ten occupations;
- Full household income between R123,000 and R600,000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to apply for this bursary, choose one of the options below:
The first option is to apply through their website in the following 3 steps:
- Register a profile
- Login to complete profile filling the sections relevant to a CV
- Track your application
Secondly, you can Download the application form in PDF. Complete it in black ink and send it back by fax, e-mail, or post to the addresses provided on the form.
Hard copy form must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
3) Post: CareerWise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results
- Matric certificate
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date
-No fee required.
- Your data from the submitted application will be stored in a database. Make sure that your application is updated with the latest information after every semester such as email address, academic record, telephone number, or any other relevant information.
086 100 7787
25 Owl Street
Milpark (opposite 44 on Stanley)