Mediclinic is an international private healthcare provider founded in South Africa in 1983, partnering with divisions in Switzerland, Namibia, and the United Arab Emirates, they operate in South Africa and Namibia.
The Mediclinic Group believes in putting the patients in the heart of its operations and focuses on providing acute care, they are specialist-oriented, offering multi-disciplinary hospital services and related care services.
Science is at the heart of their progress to provide care of the highest level with 50 private hospitals throughout South Africa and 3 hospitals in Namibia with over 8,200 beds.
They encourage students to apply for the Mediclinic Bursary providing exciting international career opportunities to interested individuals.
The Bursary is an academic sponsorship that offers students the opportunity to complete their studies within a specific field accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
Investing time and resources to recruit skilled employees, they consistently deliver high-quality healthcare services.
Closing date of the bursary
Applications open from 1 March 2021 and close on 15 September 2021.
About This Bursary
The Mediclinic Bursary covers an existing HPCSA-accredited specialist or sub-specialist course or programme.
The funds awarded will be paid directly to the University. The funds will cover the full study period and contribute towards the studies.
Students will need to provide a report on their progress once a year. The hosting institution and student will need to apply for the bursary via their electronic application platform.
It is important to consider the specified opening and closing dates for the bursary. Ensure that you meet all requirements for your particular specialist medical field before applying for the bursary.
The following specialist fields will be considered:
- Cardio Thoracic Surgeon
- Medical and Dental
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- General Practitioner
- General Surgery
- Geriatric Medicine
- Gynaecology Oncologist
- ICU / Critical Care
- Infectious Disease Specialist
- Internal Medicine
- Maternal and Foetal Medicine Specialist
- Maxillofacial and Oral
- Nuclear Physics
- Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Paediatric Cardiologist
- Paediatric Cardiologist
- Paediatric Gastroenterologist
- Paediatric ICU
- Paediatric Neurologist
- Paediatric Pulmonologist
- Paediatric Surgeon
- Palliative Care
- Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Reproductive Medicine Specialist
- Vascular Surgery
What will the Bursary cover?
The Mediclinic Bursary is determined by the needs of the student and covers the full study period of the course or programme.
Mediclinic’s selection committee will grant the bursary at their discretion. Students are required to pay a registration fee that is not refundable.
Who Can Apply?
- South African Citizen or permanent resident
- Passed Maths Literacy level 4 or Maths with a minimum 40% grade
- Passed English Literacy Skills level 4 with a minimum 40% grade
- Registered with the HPCSA
- Must not be registered to study at the SA or SANC Nursing Council
- The student will be interviewed and offered a training post in an institution that is recognized for its specialist and/or sub-specialist training.
- Students may need to go through a health evaluation and psychometric testing
- Expected to comply with all requirements for the specialist and/or sub-specialist qualification
- The institution needs to coordinate the applications internally
- The institution and student must complete the application requirements online
- Those shortlisted must be available for the interviews
How to Apply?
You can only apply for the Mediclinic Bursary online.
The following documents are required:
- An official motivation letter of request from the Student
- Certified copy of matric certificate and/or certified higher qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of ID
- Letter of support from the University. The letter needs to address whether the post is funded or self-funded and if there is a training number for the post, whether the student meets the requirements to qualify, and whether they recommend the student for the proposed course.
For further information on Mediclinic and the Mediclinic Bursary, you may click on this link.
Join the Talent Community for further information on the latest developments.
Mediclinic is a firm supporter of Higher Education and offers many Learnership programmes, if you are interested you may click here for more information