The SANRAL Bursary is for ambitious students who want to work in the field of Transport, Civil Engineering and Transportation. They offer these Bursaries to study fields that are closely related to their core business. Bursaries are offered to both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
SANRAL’s (South African National Roads Agency) core business is building roads and providing the infrastructure that is needed in South Africa to create a better network of roads in the country. They are part of the Ministry of Transport and owned by the South African Government.
The Bursary opens 1 June. Normally the closing date is 30 September, but because of Covid it is extended to 31 October 2020 (check the website)
Who Can Apply For This Bursary?
If you want to apply for the SANRAL Bursary, you will need to satisfy the following requirements. Make sure you satisfy ALL requirements, incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- You are an SA Citizen with a valid passport
- You are studying towards a degree in Civil Engineering (BSc, BEng or Postgraduate)
- You are registered at an accredited University in South Africa for the particular Study field
- You are Not older than 35
- You are studying or going to study Full Time
- You have obtained an average score of 70% for your latest exams.
Please take this into account:
- If you are accepted for another Bursary, you will be disqualified for this Bursary.
- Students with Disabilities are invited to apply
- Your financial situation will be taken into account
- If you are a staff member of SANRAL, you can also apply for a part-time bursary/study
- If you are accepted for the bursary, you will have the opportunity to apply for training.
What is included in the Bursary?
The bursary is a full cost bursary. It will cover the basic expenses for study.
- Books and Equipment needed to study
- Living Allowance
- Registration and Tuition fees
There are excursions and seminars offered by SANRAl and you are expected to participate in these events.
There is also a possibility to do Vacation work at locations where this is available. This is a great way to get some experience on your CV.
How Do You Apply?
If you believe this bursary has your name on it, this is how you can apply.
- You can first read some more info on this year bursary flyer
- IMPORTANT: Download the SANRAL Bursary Application Form
- Your application should include the following important documents:
- A clear CV where you explain who you are, your experience in the field and your motivation. Try to make it about why they should accept you and not why you need the bursary.
- Certified Copies of your Registration and latest Academic results
- Motivational Letter from you and your Parent/Guardian
- Certified copy of ID from your Parents/Guardians
- Proof of income Parents/Guardians
Make sure to double check if you added every document and completed the registration form. If your application is incomplete it will be invalid.
Send your application to:
1 Havenga Street
MS H. A. HARPER
GM Skills Development
MS R. ERASMUS
If You have enquiries:
021 957 4648
The Application process
- If you are shortlisted you will be invited for an interview
- If you are accepted, you will receive an award letter
- If you have not heard anything before 31 January 2021 you can consider the application is not successful.