The SANSOR Bursary is for students who want to start with their Postgraduate Degree in the Seed and Plant Industry. If you want to specialise in the Plant and See industry for your Masters, Honours or Doctorate, you might be eligible for funding by SANSOR.
The South African National Seed Organization (SANSOR) produces seeds for production and trade. Seeds are very important for food production and there is a lot of focus and research to produce better seeds. Seed legislation and certification are important aspects in the seed production industry.
This is a recurrent bursary and it opens 1st of August every year and closes for applications 30th September of each year.
Who can Apply?
Are you planning your postgraduate research with a subject that is important for the seed industry? Do you support the vision and mission of SANSOR? If your subject is in one of the following categories, you can apply for this bursary.
- Genetics and Molecular plant biology
- Plant physiology
- Plant breeding
- Plant pathology
- Pasture science
The requirements for this bursary are very basic, but more important is it to convince SANSOR that your Postgraduate subject is of interest to them so they will fund you for your research. The requirements are:
- South African Citizen
- You are registered for a degree at a recognized tertiary institute ( PHD, MSc or Honours)
- They will award the bursary based on financial merit
The number of bursaries they provide might be different each year depending on the quality of the subjects and available funds.
If you accept this bursary, you are not allowed to accept any other government funding.
How to Apply?
You can find the most recent information about this bursary at the SANSOR website. There you can download the SANSOR Postgraduate application form. Make sure that your application includes the following documents:
- The Application form you downloaded and completed
- Certified copy of your ID
- Copies of your certificates
- a Gantt Chart timeline of your research proposal
- You apply before the deadline with all the documents included
- Successful candidates will be informed asap
- Contracts are signed depending on the funds and source
You have to already be registered for your Postgraduate degree before you apply to receive funding. There is also no guarantee you will receive the bursary for the next years. There will be an evaluation every year to look at your progress.
Tel: +27 12 472 9500