The African Scholars Fund Bursary helps students studying at public TVET colleges for all fields of study. The bursary covers all course fees and registration fees. It does not cover accommodation.
The African Scholars Fund helps young learners who struggle to pay for their school fees. They do this by paying for their registration and course fees directly to the school. They identify learners in grade 7-11 who want to continue to grade 8-12. They also develop the academic progress of the students by TVET skills training
Who Can Apply?
If you are studying full time at a TVET college or N1-N6 qualification or if you are in Grade 7-11 and want to pursue to 8-12. Here are some further requirements.
Requirements for High School
- The fees for school are less then R4500 a year
- Your average grade should be a minimum of 50%
- Your monthly household can not exceed R7500
- You are attending school and living in 1 of the following provinces: Northern Cape, Free State, Western Cape
- You will be 21 years or younger in your final Matric year
Requirements for Public TVET
- You need to be a SA citizen
- You can not be older then 25 years old
- You are NOT receiving another bursary (Including the NSFAS bursary)
- Your average grade is at least 50%
- You are currently studying or intend to study full time at a TVET college
Read more about the requirements on the African Scholars Fund website.
How do you Apply for the African Scholars Fund Bursary?
Start by downloading the ASF bursary application form. There you will find all the information you need to apply for this bursary/scholarship.
Don’t forget to include the following important documents:
- Certified copy of your SA ID
- Certified copy of your Matric report (or your latest academic results)
- Proof of income from your parents/guardian
- Motivation Letter: a letter to show why you are motivated to complete your studies and why you deserve it
Send your application by post to:
PO Box 294
What is the Closing Date?
Closing dates are during the whole year:
1st Trimester/Semester 31 october
2nd Trimester: 31 march
2nd Semester: 31 May
3rd Trimester: 31 July