AgriSETA aims to enable a skilled and prosperous Agricultural sector. It is driven by partnerships with its stakeholders. AgriSETA’s extensive research serves to empower economic growth in Agriculture. Their scope covers the input services of farming, all activities taking place on the farm, and the first level processing activities from the farm.
They are responsible for the development of Agriculture’s workforce skills, education, and development. They provide various skills programs, such as learnerships, in-house training, sponsor tertiary education through grants and bursaries. AgriSETA offers mentorship, internships, and apprenticeships.
To ensure a high standard of quality education, AgriSETA endorses accredited training providers and monitors their training standards, along with the Department of Higher Education.
Closing date of the bursary
The deadline for applications is 15 September 2021 – no late submissions will be accepted.
Applicants will receive feedback on their application by 31 December 2021.
About This Bursary
The AgriSETA Bursary is open to students who value TRUST: Transparency, Responsibility, Unity, Service Delivery, and Teamwork. AgriSETA promotes and creates opportunities for social, economic, and employment growth by offering quality and relevant education, development, and training in Agriculture.
By working together in a diverse environment, responsible individuals are encouraged to join the team to serve others and take ownership in their personal growth, knowledge, and development skills.
What does this Bursary cover?
The AgriSETA Bursary covers tuition and textbooks for students who are studying full-time or part-time to complete their agricultural-related qualifications.
- Undergraduates qualify for R39,750.00 per annum
- Postgraduates qualify for R63,600.00 per annum
Who Can Apply?
Those who meet the below requirements may apply for the AgriSETA Bursary Scheme.
- Studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Agricultural related qualification (Certificate, Degree, Diploma)
- Studying full-time or part-time
- Studying at an accredited College, University, or at the University of Technology in South Africa
- Not have received funding from another bursar or entity
- Preference will be given to those students who study within the confines of pages 41 – 44 in the AgriSETA Sectoral Priority Occupations (Pivotal) List
How to Apply?
Please ensure all instructions are followed and provide the correct documentation. You may apply online, by downloading and submitting an application form, or through an Accredited Training Provider.
- Applicants can apply online by first completing the AgriSETA Grant Discretionary Application Form, then log on to the AgriSETA Bursary Application 2022
- Applicants can apply by downloading the AgriSETA Bursary Application form 2022 and email the application form with all documentation to the contact details below.
- The list of Accredited Training Providers can be searched by Province and by clicking on the worksheet tab.
Kindly take note applicants awarded a bursary need to reapply on an annual basis
- Certified copy of ID Document
- Certified copy of new bursary application and certified recent exam results
- Certified copy of continuation of bursary application with mid-year 2021 exam results
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Tax Compliance Status Verification Pin
For any queries relating to the bursary, you can contact AgriSETA directly or view their website on www.agriseta.co.za
Andani Sengani Mphephu
Telephone no.: 012 301 5601
Telephone no.: 012 301 5671
For further information and to keep up with updated news, you can click here to sign up for the AgriSETA newsletter.