The Genesis Educational Foundation Trust is aimed at previously disadvantaged South African students. These are students who fall into the racial categories of Black African, Indian, and Coloured. Prospective applicants are those studying a Degree or Master’s Degree in Economics and various other related fields of study.
The Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme is valid at any Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) tertiary institution in South Africa. Prospective applicants are those boasting an average of at least 65% for either their Undergraduate or Honours Degrees.
Genesis Analytics is based in over 89 countries worldwide, assisting both the public and private sectors in the fields of behavioral science, competition economics, climate finance, competition economics, the digital economy, regulation, environmental laws, public health, human development, and youth employment.
The company’s primary objective lies in the development of the African continent, paying specific attention to the needs and aspirations of the continent’s youth population.
Closing Date of the Bursary
Please note that bursary applications for the Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme will close on the 31 of August 2021.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered for the Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme.
Applicants who have not received a response within 3 weeks of the closing date should consider their application to be unsuccessful.
About the Bursary
The Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme is aimed at previously disadvantaged South African students and will cover the fees of tuition, study material and stationary costs of the successful applicants.
Prospective applicants are those studying an Undergraduate or Honours Degree in:
- Economic Science
- Applied Economics
- Development Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- International Development and Public Health
- Health Economics
Please note that the General Analytics Bursary Programme is valid at any recognized and certified South African institution of higher learning.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Prospective applicants need to satisfy all of the requirements of the Genesis Analytics Bursary in order to be considered for the Programme:
- Applications are open to South African citizens ONLY.
- Applications are open to those who intend to study any of the above-mentioned Degrees.
- Applications are open to those who intend to study at a recognised South African institution of higher learning.
- Applications are open to those who are classified as previously disadvantaged.
- Applications are open to those with an academic record of at least 65%.
Genesis Analytics Bursary Coverage
The Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme will provide successful applicants with financial assistance which will pay for the costs of the relevant degree. The bursary will cover the:
- Tuition fees of the successful applicant.
- The stationary fees of the successful applicant.
- The study material of the successful applicant.
Please note that the Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme may cover the accommodation as well as the transport fees of the successful applicant, in the event that extra funds are made available.
How to apply for the Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme
Kindly note that students applying for the Genesis Analytics Bursary Programme should complete the following online application – Genesis Analytics Bursary Online Application Form.
The following supporting information must be attached to the applicant’s application form:
- A certified copy of the applicant’s ID card/Book
- An up to date CV document.
- A motivational letter explaining why the applicant should be awarded the bursary.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s complete academic history.
- A copy of a recent academic submission made by the applicant.
Failure to adhere to the above-mentioned requirements will result in a rejected application.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will undergo various phases of vetting before they are granted the Genesis Analytics Bursary:
- Applicants will be analysed in accordance with the required skills and competencies.
- Applicants will be required to attend a telephonic interview process that will discuss why they believe they should be awarded with the bursary.
- Applicants will be required to attend an in-person or zoom panel interview.
Successful applicants will be enrolled in the Genesis Analytics Internship Database post-degree completion. Post-study work can be expected, depending on the availability of posts that are in line with the completed qualification.
More Economics Bursaries
- Genesis Analytics Bursary 2022
- South African Reserve Bank Bursary (SARB) 2022
- Western Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary 2022
- Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme 2021-2022
- JSE Bursary The JSE Empowerment Bursaries Program (JEF) 2021-2022
- Dell Young Leaders Bursaries Application For 2021 -2022
- Great North Transport Bursaries 2021 -2022
Please note that the Genesis Educational Foundation Trust may be directly contacted for all relevant bursary related queries:
- Point of Contact: Zandile Shabangu
- Point of Contact Email: recruitment@genesis-analytics,com
Please note that the granting of the Genesis Analytics Bursary is at the sole discretion of the Genesis Educational Foundation Trust.