The AMSOL Bursary has been established to provide financial aid to students who wish to pursue a career in the maritime sector. The AMSOL Bursary does require interested applicants to meet a number of set criteria in order to be considered for selection.
African Marine Solutions (AMSOL) is a specialist solutions provider specifically operating in the marine sector. Considered a market leader, the company is the only marine solutions provider in the sector and acts as a catalyst for economic growth and job creation.
AMSOL aims to provide a high value of service to its clients and this can be achieved by bringing on eager students who see a future for themselves in this industry.
This Bursary will close on 20 September 2021, any applications submitted after this date will not be considered for selection. Please ensure that your application, along with all requested supporting documents are submitted to AMSOL before the closing date.
Successful applicants will be contacted 2 months after the closing date if you have not received any feedback from AMSOL, consider your application unsuccessful.
What is the AMSOL Bursary?
If you are planning to begin a career in marine studies, climatology, oceanography, and marine engineering, then the AMSOL Bursary may just be what you are looking for.
To be considered for their bursary, AMSOL has set several academic requirements that applicants will need to meet to be considered for selection.
AMSOL values its employees and seeks to grow its presence in the maritime sector. By providing the opportunity for job creation, the company is also ensuring its strong presence in the sector.
Who can apply?
The AMSOL Bursary is open to all students enrolled or planning to enroll in maritime courses. To be considered for the bursary, applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must have completed or are currently in matric.
- A minimum score of 60% for Maths.
- A minimum score of 60% for Physical Science.
- A minimum score of 60% for English.
- Must be studying an undergraduate qualification for maritime studies or marine engineering, or postgraduate qualifications in climatology or oceanography.
- Postgraduate students must be enrolled for the 2022 academic year.
- Applicants must be studying at a recognized and accredited university in 2022.
- Applicants must not be enrolled with any other bursaries.
What does the AMSOL bursary cover?
The AMSOL Bursary will provide financial cover for a candidate’s tuition fees. Students will need to pay for their registration on their own.
The bursary may also provide cover for prescribed books and accommodation, but this is dependent on the personal circumstances of the student and the availability of funds.
Once candidates have completed their studies, they may be required to work for AMSOL for the duration that their studies lasted. This decision will be at the discretion of the company.
How to apply
Applying for the AMSOL Bursary is easy and simple, all you need to do is submit the following support documents to AMSOL:
- A certified copy of your matric certificate or Grade 11 final results.
- An updated CV with reachable references.
- A motivational letter to support why you are an ideal candidate for this bursary.
- Proof of registration
This bursary doesn’t have an application form. All applicants need to do is submit their support documents to email@example.com
Make sure to include “2022 Bursary Committee” in the email’s subject line.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this bursary, you can contact AMSOL through the following methods:
Cape Town: 021 507 5777
Mossel Bay: 044 695 0390
Durban: 031 274 1100