The Bet Software Bursary Programme was established to help create a meaningful impact in local South African communities, via the provision of ICT related bursaries.
Bet Software is currently pursuing a massive talent drive which is facilitated by the Bet Software Bursary Programme, aimed at recruiting talent in software and other IT related fields of study.
The Bet Software Bursary is valid for a period not exceeding one year, subject to renewal. Thereafter, successful recipients can reapply for funding subject to the attainment of stated academic objectives.
Upon completion of their studies, successful recipients are obligated to pay back the bursary by working at Bet Software. This payback scheme can translate into full time employment.
Bet Software is a South African software provider, primarily serving the Sub-Saharan region with betting software. Bet Software is an offshoot of the Hollywoodbets company based in South Africa. Bet Software prides itself on creating disruptive and advanced betting solutions, as well as other intuitive software systems.
Closing Date of the Bursary
Please note that Bursary applications for the Bet Software Bursary Programme will close on the 31 of October 2021. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered for the Bursary Programme.
Applicants who have not received a response a month after submitting their online application should consider their application as unsuccessful.
About the Bet Software Bursary Programme
The Bet Software Bursary Programme will help pay for the costs of the relevant Certificate / Diploma / Degree / Postgraduate Degree of the successful applicant(s) for the academic year, subject to renewal.
Applications are open to those planning to study / studying a qualification in the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems
- Information Technology alongside Information Systems
- Software Engineer
- System and Network Administration
Requirements and Eligibility
Prospective applicants need to satisfy all of the requirements of the Bet Software Bursary in order to be considered for the Programme:
- Applications are open to those studying a qualification in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- Applications are open to those who wish to study at a certified Department of Higher Education (DHET) institution.
- Applications are open to those boasting an academic record of at least 60% at a recognised DHET institution.
Please note that the Bet Software Bursary can be used to fund the studies of those pursuing a:
- National Certificate
- Postgraduate Degree
Prospective applicants should be studying/intending to study one of the above-mentioned degrees.
Please note that Bursary Programme preference will be given to students living in close proximity to their chosen DHET institution.
Bet Software Bursary Coverage
The Bet Software Bursary Programme will provide successful applicants with financial assistance which will help pay for relevant costs of the applicable Certificate / Diploma / Degree / Postgraduate Degree.
The Bursary will cover the costs of the:
- Full tuition fees of the successful applicant.
- Full registration fees of the successful applicant.
Please note that successful applicants are expected to pay for other study related costs such as accommodation and travel out of their own pocket.
Successful applicants are entitled to renew their Bursary subject to the achievement of specified academic objectives. Upon completion of their studies, successful recipients are obligated to complete a work-back period at BET Software.
How to Apply?
Kindly note that students applying for the Bet Software Bursary Programme are required to apply online via the following link.
The following supporting information must be attached to the applicant’s application form:
- A certified copy of the applicant’s ID card / Book
- A motivational letter stating why he/she believes that they should be awarded the bursary
- A certified copy of the name and address of the desired tertiary institution of study
- A certified copy of the applicable course information
- A certified copy of the applicant’s tertiary institution acceptance letter
- A certified copy of the applicant’s previous 12 month academic record
Failure to adhere to the above-mentioned requirements will result in a rejected application.
Please note that the Bet Software should be directly contacted for all Bursary related queries.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the granting of the Bet Software Bursary Programme is at the sole discretion of the Bet Software Company