The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) falls under the Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG) which is a sector of government responsible for disaster management in South Africa.
The vision and mission of NDMC are to integrate the system of Disaster Management and Fire Services. They develop and implement policies and regulatory frameworks.
They promote a culture to avoid risk by enabling systems for stakeholder participation and strengthening cooperation. They monitor and evaluate disaster management programmes across the government sectors.
Closing date of the Programme
The deadline to apply for the NDMC Bursary is 05 November 2021.
Late applications or emails will not be considered.
Should you have not received feedback by 31 December 2021 kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
About This Bursary
Applicants who have been awarded the bursary will be required to sign a bursary contract with the DCoG through NDMC.
Preference will be given to those students who are working towards a qualification in Disaster Management.
What Does This Bursary Cover?
- Registration fees
- Full Tertiary fees
- Learning resources allowance to the value of R5,500.00
- Research allowance to the value of R11,000.00
Who Can Apply?
Students who intend or have enrolled in an Under-Graduate or Post-Graduate qualification in Disaster Management or in a related field with a South African Public Institution of Higher Learning may apply for the bursary.
Any applications for Certificates or Ph.D. qualifications will not be considered.
- South African citizen
- Matric certificate
- Studying / have applied / accepted / registered to study towards a qualification Disaster Management or in a similar field
- Achieved a minimum result of 50% for all matric subjects
- Achieved a minimum result of 50% for all recent subjects – if studying
- Total income of less than R350,000 per annum
Required Certified Documents for Online Applications:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of Application / Acceptance letter / Registration letter
- Proof of household income of parent or guardian; or affidavit if there is zero income due to unemployment
- Proof of income of employed applicants
- Copy of Grade 12 / Matric certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Recent academic results for Post-Graduate students
How to Apply?
You may apply for the National Disaster Management Centre Bursary either online, by post or hand-deliver certified hard copies to their office.
Applicants who apply online via the website must register and create a profile in order to upload all supporting documentation.
Download Bursary Application Form and complete in full block letters. You can send the application form with all the required documentation by postal service or hand-delivery.
Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research
PO Box X804
1303 Heuwel Avenue
Riverside Office Park
Letaba House, Second Floor
For any queries relating to the NDMC Bursary, you may contact the following:
Mr. Alpheus Mashigo: Cell no. 082-942-9512 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Obert Hlungwani: Cell no. 072-186-0092 Email: email@example.com
Mr. Confidence Selomo: Cell no. 072-186-0129 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other queries:
Mr. mokhurumelo Herold Kgwetiane: Tel. no. 021-848-4615 Cell no. 060-983-6914
Ms. Koketso Muriel Mpshane: Tel. no. 021-848-4654 Cell no. 073 426 3410
Further information on the National Disaster Management Centre can be found on their website.