The Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary is a commerce bursary offered by Coronation; they are a leading asset management company in the South African investment industry.
The Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary is aimed at students currently studying, or wanting to study, any commerce degree at a South African university. It is offered to both matric students, as well as current university students. The applications are currently open.
Deadline: Thursday, 30 September 2021
Location: Cape Town
Coronation is in the investment industry, and they focus on protecting and growing their clients’ investments. The types of investments include unit trusts, retirement annuities, and tax-free funds.
Their clients come from a broad-spectrum of industries, ranging from insurers, pension and provident funds, banks, unit trusts, medical schemes, and other fund managers. As an individual it is also possible to make your own individual investments and grow your own portfolio through them, no investment is too small.
Coronation places a great amount of emphasis on the development and support of their employees, they state that their employees are the heart of the company.
When you begin to work at Coronation, you will be given access and development to a broad spectrum. They are open to any commerce degree, so there is not a limitation on your specialty. For example, you can study the likes of economics, finance, accounting, and so forth.
About the Learnership Programme:
The learnership covers a multitude of facets. As outlined, they see their employees as their assets and their aim is to develop them.
Coronation awards the bursary and sponsors the individuals’ studies. In return, once the degree has been completed, you are required to work it back at Coronation.
The learnership is aimed at students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Grade 12 Students:
- South African citizens enrolling for full-time studies at a South African university
- Application for a commerce degree in 2022
- Academic requirements – must average at least 75% at school
Current University Students:
- South African citizens enrolled for full-time studies at a South African university.
- Currently studying a commerce degree
- Academic requirements – must average at least 70% during the year
For the application, please ensure that you go through the following information thoroughly as there is a lot required from you:
- One page statement identifying why you are studying your specific field in commerce.
- What you intend to use your qualification for once you have graduated.
- One letter of recommendation from a person, identifying your personal character and/or your academic performance.
- It cannot be from a close friend or relative
- Please include their contact details
- A certified copy of your barcoded ID
- A copy of your CV
- Proof of your family’s income – e.g., salary slips, or if they are unemployed, an affidavit is required
- HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANTS:
- Certified copies of your Grade 11 and Matric reports to date
- If it is available, proof of your provisional university acceptance
- TERTIARY STUDENT APPLICANTS
- Certified copy of Grade 11, Matric results, and most recent tertiary official transcript to date.
- If you are enrolled in multiple institutions, please put all your documents into one document.
- Proof of registration at the tertiary institution.
- Applicants younger than 18 – signed consent form and certified copy of the parent/legal guardian’s ID.
- Download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.
How to Apply?
Please apply online: Coronation Application
This will take you through the process.
You will be contacted by Coronation to inform you of your results of your application.
Contact Number: +27 21 680 2000
Address: 45 Main Rd, Claremont, Cape Town, 7708