About the Department of Education Bursary Program 2018
The bursary program provided by the Department is a multi-year program. It also promotes teaching at public schools as that is where the need lies. They are devoted to providing learners of all ages, with a quality education. The children of South Africa strive for a better future, with highly trained teachers, the Department can fulfill this need. You can aid in making this vision a reality, by becoming a teacher!
The Department provides full-cost bursaries to eligible, talented candidates. This will aid these candidates to receive a complete, and full teaching qualification within one of the national priority fields. Successful candidates will, however, be required to teach at one of the public schools in South Africa, for the same amount of years as the duration of their studies.
Department of Education Bursaries for Teachers
Are you not sure, well, here are some reasons why to consider teaching as a career path!
- Do you love learning? Turn that love into teaching and help other experience the joy of learning.
- Did you have a favorite teacher that made a difference for you? You can be that teacher to someone else!
- Would you love to see someone else succeed? Experience the joy of being able to give another person hope, to see them learn to write, read, count and strive towards their dreams.
- Help children understand the value of all things in life, and aid in building strong and proud citizens.
- You can once again see the world through the eyes of a child, see them grow and become even more special.
- Serve the community and your country, but most of all the children who need your help.
- Share your own knowledge while sparking curiosity in tender minds.
- Pass on the love you have for learning, giving hope for the future, building a solid and honored nation.
Candidates who receive Department of Education bursaries can ask to be placed in a province of their liking, however, they may not decide which school they would prefer to be employed in. The Department concerned will make the final decision. Upon completion of their studies, candidates will be placed where there is a suitable opening. If there is no opening within the selected province, the Department has the right to place candidate where there are a suitable opening and a need.
Department of Education Bursaries Available for 2018
If you are planning to study into one of the following directions these bursaries are just what you need.
Bachelor of Education – B.Ed.
- Foundation Phases – Grades R to 3
- Intermediate Phases – Grades 4 to 6
- Senior Phases – Grades 7 to 9
- Further Education Phases – Grades 10 to 12
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Technology
- Bachelor of the Arts
- Bachelor of Computer Science
Post Graduate Certification in Education – PGCE.
- All Majors that allow for this level of education
Department of Edication Bursary Requirements
If you are currently still in grade 12 or studying at an institute of higher learning in one of the fields mentioned, you may apply for a bursary with the department.
To qualify for any of these bursaries, candidates must adhere to the following:
- Grade 12 level of education
- Must be proficient in English
- Must be a South African citizen
- Possess a valid South African ID
- Must be committed to teaching and making a difference
- Must provide proof of the need for financial aid
Candidates must also provide proof of acceptance at an institute of higher learning. Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference.
Department of Health Bursary Online Application
Please include your latest school results and certified copy of your ID, Curriculum Vitae as well as all other documentation as is indicated.
It is highly recommended to carefully read the information provided prior to the application. Then also, carefully consider your answers before entering them into the application form. Answer all questions truthfully and precise. Ensure all documentation is certified, and attached before submitting your application.
Bursary Closing Date
Applications close the middle of January each year, thus, it is suggested that candidates ensure their applications, with all required documents reach the Department before this date.
Candidates are also urged to pursue alternative funding, as there is a limited number of bursaries available each year. Due to high volumes of applications, the Department will only be contacting those who have made the short-list. If you have not heard from the Department within three months after closing, candidates can consider their applications as unsuccessful. These candidates can re-apply the following year.