ISASA offers Students Bursaries who want to study in the field of teaching Candidates for ISASA bursaries are selected yearly. If you are doing your Matric this year and have English with either Science or Mathematics as subjects you could qualify for a bursary if you meet the requirements. Even if you are currently studying at University with English and either Mathematics or Science as subjects you can also apply. If you love teaching and know that this is what you want to do then your dreams could be within reach. ISASA is one of the largest and oldest private school associations in Southern Africa and has a variety of bursaries available each year for candidates who want to further their education as well as provide South Africa’s youth with the best teachers. If you think you have what it takes as well as a love for children and a passion for teaching you should have a closer look at what ISASA can offer you.
ISASA delivers top service to more than 730 private schools fluctuating from pre-school up to post-matric with a broad spectrum ranging from Cultural communities, Philosophies, Religious affiliation, socio-economic as well as education levels. ISASA is also a non-profit organization that provides their member’s interest protection, best practice promotion, quality education, and sustainability. The schools under their wings educate more than 161000 pupils giving them the best education possible.
Bursaries from ISASA include the following as part of their bursary program:
- UNISA Tuition fees fully covered
- UNISA Text Book fees fully covered
Bursary candidates will also have the opportunity to be mentored by professionally qualified school teachers.
ISASA Bursaries Available
Bursaries are available to Grade 12 pupils, foundation phase, intermediate as well as FET teachers who need the opportunity to further their study in the following fields:
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) this is a four-year study field
- Post Graduate Degree (PGCE) this is a one-year study field
These degrees are available in the following subjects:
Applicants will also have an opportunity to receive training at an ISASA school as well as have access to teaching & learning resources.
ISASA Bursaries Requirements
To apply for a bursary through ISASA candidates needs to supply the following documentation:
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate or applicants ID Document
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Matric candidates need to supply their mid-year results or latest results received
- Matriculated candidates must supply their year-end results
- Matric exemption with a B pass
- Matric exemption with a minimum of 60% for English
- Matric exemption with a minimum of 60% for Mathematics or Science
- University students need to supply Certified copies of their Senior Certificate
- University students need to supply Certified copies of their complete Academic Records up to date
- University Graduates need to have English as a Major
- University Graduates need to have Mathematics or Science as a Major
- Tertiary Students must have English with credits
- Tertiary Students must have either Mathematics or Science with credits
All documentation must be certified and accompany a fully completed application form to be eligible for a bursary. Students wishing to apply must also send a Statement Letter / Introduction Letter explaining why they should be considered for a bursary. They should supply information on what they would be able to offer if given the opportunity and also explain what makes them unique and why they would be an asset to the program.
ISASA Bursaries Application
Bursaries online application forms are not available but candidates can have a look at the present application forms, they are for 2014 but will be updated as soon as the new application process starts you can moreover visit their web page for any other information.
You can also contact ISASA for more information on bursaries available or E-Mail email@example.com, furthermore, you can send them your application form and documents via registered post at the following address:
P.O. Box 87430
ISASA Bursaries Closing Date
The closing date for bursary application forms is in the middle of July each year but candidates are urged to try and have their forms reach ISASA well before the deadline.
Candidates should ensure that ALL required documentation is CERTIFIED and accompanies the fully completed APPLICATION form.
ISASA is devoted to giving South African teachers the best there is available when it comes to education as well as committed to providing South Africa’s youth with pathways of knowledge. If you feel you want to give children a better education and assist them to reach their goals ISASA could be your way to doing so. Apply today for an education in educating and make your dreams come alive.