The Liberty bursary is an Actuarial bursary for students studying at ASSA (Actuarial Society of South Africa) accredited Universities in South Africa. The Liberty Actuarial bursary is provided to tertiary students from their second study year and up who are studying full time.
Liberty Holdings Limited provides financial services and property holding company. They provide their authorised services to small companies, families and individuals. Some of the services they provide are: Life protection, Medical coverage, Accident and Critical Illness coverage and employee benefits solutions (just to name a few).
Who Can Apply for the Liberty Actuarial Bursary?
If you want to apply for this bursary, you need to be at leas tin your second year of study and studying at a University which is Accredited by ASSA. Further requirements are:
- You need to be a South African Citizen by birth or descent.
- Full time Student at a University (second year and up)
- All your Mathematics and Actuarial subjects should have an average of at least 65%. All subjects combined should also have at lest 65%
- Leadership is important to them. Did you participate in extra mural activities? Where you the chairman of the debating society or chess club or any other participation? You will make a better chance if you can provide proof of your leadership qualities.
What Does The Liberty Bursary Cover?
Liberty will provide for all basic costs and fees made at University. They will also provide emotional support and networking opportunities.
- Meals and Accommodation
- Registration and Tuition fees
- Travel Allowance (not unlimited)
- Vacation work
- Skills development and Academic Support
Vacation work will be during the holiday months of June and December. When you are graduates there is a very big chance they will provide you with employment.
How to Apply for the Liberty Bursary?
The application is online, make sure to complete all questions and don’t leave any blanks. There is a lot of competition for this bursary and incomplete applications are often not taking into account.
They will also ask you to send them:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your Matric Certificate
- Proof of your enrolment at your University
- Your full tertiary record
- Proof of your leadership abilities if possible
When Can You Apply And When is the Closing Date?
The bursary should be open from 1 June 2020 and it will close 31 July 2020. But Corona might change these dates a bit. Be on the lookout to see if applications open or contact the bursary provider directly.