The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) Bursary is offering the opportunity for matriculated students who have an interest in the mining industry to pursue a lucrative career.
The MQA Bursary allows students to further their higher education and obtain a qualification within the mining industry without the financial obligation. The Mining Qualification Authority is a skills development presence that ensures candidates entering the mining industry are well prepared for their careers.
The MQA archives this through its various development and bursary programs that ensure all students are equipped with the necessary skills. Below is a breakdown of what the MQA bursary is and what is expects from applicants.
This Bursary closes on 30 September 2021.
Please ensure that your application along with all requested supporting documents is submitted before this date. Failure to do so will result in your application not being considered for selection.
About the MQA Bursary
The MQA bursary is open to all matriculated students with an interest in pursuing a career in the mining industry. The MQA expects applicants to have a high academic record to be awarded this bursary.
The MQA aims to bring more growth and development to its sector, and it does this by providing training to young and eager minds. As a result, it inspires these dedicated individuals to innovate and improve the mining industry.
Who Can Apply?
The MQA Bursary is open to all matriculated students who are looking to study in the following courses:
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
Applicants will also have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Applicants must currently be in matric or have matriculated.
- Applicants must be unemployed.
- Applicants must be studying or intending to at a recognized university, university of technology, or TVET college in South Africa on a full-time basis.
Please note that special preference will be given to female and disabled applicants.
What Does This Bursary?
The MQA Bursary provides financial cover for a candidate’s tuition and registration fees. Other expenses such as accommodation, prescribed books, and a toolkit will be covered per semester.
How to Apply?
Applying for the MQA Bursary is easy and simple. All you need to do is download and complete the application form here. Make sure to include the following support documents with your application:
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your matric certificate
- A certified copy of your final Grade 11 results (if in matric)
- Full tertiary record (if in a tertiary institution)
- Certified copies of parents/guardians ID
- parent/guardian proof of income
Once you have completed your application and gathered all the necessary documents, you can submit them via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns related to the MQA Bursary, then you can contact the following individuals relative to the institution you wish to study at through the following means:
Mr Diiteleni Tshisevhe:
- The University of Limpopo, University of Venda, Sekhukhune TVET College, Vhembe TVET College, Mopani TVET College, Capricorn TVET College
Tel: 011 547 5705, DiiteleniT@mqa.org.za
Ms Felicitus Lebetha:
- Univesity of the Witwatersrand (Wits), Nkangala TVET College
Tel: 011 547 2672, FelicitusL@mqa.org.za
Mr. Tebogo Thankge:
- The University of the Western Cape, University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University, University of Fort Hare
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Nelson Mandela University, North West University, King Dalindyebo TVET College, Buffalo City TVET College
Tel: 011 547 2755, TebogoT@mqa.org.za
Mr. Joshua Chetty:
- University of Johannesburg, Vuselela TVET College, Orbit TVET College, Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Central Johannesburg College
Tel: 011 547 2691, JoshuaC@mqa.org.za
Ms. Moloko Phofa:
- The University of Pretoria, University of South Africa (UNISA), Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
Tel: 011 547 2668, MolokoP@mqa.org.za
Mr. Vutomi Chauke:
- The Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, University of KwaZulu Natal, Majuba TVET College, Gert Sibande TVET College
- University of the Free State, Motheo TVET College, Goldfields TVET College, Flavius Mareka TVET College, Central University of Technology, Vaal University of Technology
Tel: 011 547 2625, VutomiC@mqa.org.za