Pyrotec is a proudly South African organization that specializes in industry-leading, on-pack product identification solutions and extensive services that offer a comprehensive range of coding machinery and labeling equipment.
They offer software that ensures product integrity to optimize coding activities, secure centralized data management, and label tracking systems, including high-tech systems to detect and combat counterfeit activities.
Pyrotechnical Marketing (Pty) Ltd aim to contribute towards the growth of the South African youth by means of awarding bursaries to those who show dedication and true interest in their chosen field of study within the bursary options.
Closing date of the bursary
The closing date for the Pyrotec Skills Development bursary is 03 December 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted. Successful candidates can be expected to be contacted within 8 weeks from the closing date of the bursary application.
About This Bursary
Pyrotec offers students an amazing opportunity to advance and grow their career in the 2022 academic year. The bursary will be awarded to students to aim to study in the following qualification fields:
- Architecture, Town Planning and Surveyors
- Business, Management and Economics
- Health and related Clinical services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology and Communication
- Media, Art, Literature, Design and Graphic Design / DTP
- Natural Science and Social Science Professionals
- Quality and Regulatory Professionals
- Sales, Marketing and related associate Professionals
- Sports and Fitness
The payment process and the requirements for the bursary will be discussed with the successful student. The tuition and registration fees will be paid annually.
The accommodation fees will be paid directly to the University if the student is staying at a University-administered accommodation. An amount that is equal to the average rate will be paid for a single room at a University hostel where the Pyrotec bursar will be studying.
Should an accommodation be a private hostel or residence the rate paid will be determined by Pyrotec. The student will only be eligible to apply for the accommodation funding if they reside out of the city where the University is located.
In the event a student occupies a non-University administered accommodation, monies will be paid directly to the property owner provided a lease agreement and/or invoice is provided.
Textbooks and all other allowances will be paid directly to the student.
After the student has completed their studies and graduated the student will be required to work for Pyrotec as a payback time period equivalent to the duration of the study period.
Should students fail a subject they will be required to pay the cost to rewrite the exam.
What will the Bursary cover?
The Pyrotec Skills Development Bursary cover the following:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Registration Fees
- Textbooks to the maximum of R5000.00
- Accommodation in a University’s residence or private accommodation if you do not reside within the city you are studying
Who Can Apply?
Applicants who meet the following criteria may apply:
- South African Citizen
- Must be an AA/EE candidate only
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in any one of the above-mention fields
- Must have registered to study or currently studying at an accredited University in South Africa
- Preference will be given to first year students with a minimum aggregate average of 70%
How to Apply?
The below documents must be submitted in clear copies as one PDF document along with the Pyrotec Bursary 2022 application form which can be downloaded here.
The application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with BURS2022 as a subject heading. No hand delivered copies will be accepted due to COVID restrictions.
Any missing documents will result in your application being rejected. Only PDF format will be accepted.
- Completed Pyrotec Bursary Application Form
- Motivational Letter for the bursary award (1 page)
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate or Highest Level of Education
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Proof of University Acceptance Letter or Proof of Registration
- Proof of Address (if applying for transport allowance)
- Proof of estimated study costs or invoices which include all expenses, such as tuition, textbooks, accommodation, travelling. Previous years quotations will be accepted.
Should you have any queries regarding the bursary you can contact Pyrotec directly with the following contact details:
Tel. No. 021 787 9600
For more information on the Pyrotec Skills Development Bursary, you may click here.