Now here’s a great opportunity for students with a passion for various fields.
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) is now looking for eager and talented students to apply for its bursary program.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their studies in this field but lacks the financial means to do so.
The bursary program will require you to meet a few requirements to be considered an ideal applicant.
If you meet these requirements, then you need to apply right away.
Below is a breakdown of exactly how this bursary works and what you will need to do during the application process.
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) Bursary application period will end on 25 January 2023.
Please make sure to submit your application and any other supporting materials by this date.
Your application won’t be taken into account by the bursary provider if you don’t do this.
What Is This Bursary About?
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) is a legally established state-owned industrial development enterprise in KwaZulu-Natal.
It is in charge of promoting international export competitiveness. It accomplishes this through a variety of means, including tax and duty-free incentives, world-class infrastructure, and competitive input prices.
The RBIDZ is solely owned by the KwaZulu-Natal government, which reports to the Department of Economic Development, Tourism, and Environmental Affairs (DEDTEA) through an accounting authority (Board) nominated by the MEC.
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) encourages South African students to apply for the Bursaries Programme for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be provided to students residing in KwaZulu-King Natal’s Cetshwayo District for undergraduate degree study.
Who Can Apply
This bursary program applies to students involved in the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
What Does This Bursary Cover?
This bursary program will provide financial cover for a candidate’s study-related fees.
How To Apply
Applying for this bursary is fairly easy, all you need to do is download and complete the following application form here.
Applications must be emailed to Gcinile.Lembede@rbidz.co.za. (In the email subject line, type “RBIDZ Bursary Application 2023”).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by no later than February 28, 2023; if you have not heard back by this date, please consider your application failed.
Make sure to include the following support documents:
- ID document (certified copy).
- Matric certificate/ statement of results if the certificate is not yet available (certified copy).
- Proof of acceptance from a University or University of Technology (on the institution’s letterhead).
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (3 months payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployment, SASSA grant income or pension if applicable) (certified copy).
- Reference letter from a teacher or community leader (read our tips on getting a reference letter/ testimonial for your bursary application).
- A motivational letter stating why you want to study at your selected University or University of Technology, what you intend on studying, and your career aspirations (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application).
- Proof of residence in King Cetshwayo District.
If you have any questions about this bursary, then you can get in touch with Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone (RBIDZ) directly through the following means:
Tel: +27 35 797 2600
Good luck with your application!