The South African Nursery Association (SANA) acts as a representative of the green industry and its interests. A non-profit organization created in 1947, SANA aims to encourage and support educational development towards employment opportunities in the green industry.
Therefore to assist students in Horticulture and Landscaping fields, the SANA Tom Arnold Bursary Fund was formed.
This Bursary will close on 16 April 2021, and interviews for successful applicants will follow in May 2021. Please note that incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
About this Bursary
The SANA Tom Arnold Bursary Program covers only Study Fees and does not provide financial cover for the following:
- Registration Fees (The student must be fully registered with the chosen institution before the bursary is processed.)
- Other Fees
- Practical Training
- Prescribed Books
The SANA Tom Arnold bursary program is designed to cover the study fees of Horticulture and Landscaping students who have completed all modules of their first year of academic study. When filling out your application, you will be required to compile a motivation letter of no less than 150 words to be considered for the bursary.
Questions will be included for you to answer in your application form and compulsory to be answered as they are essential to forming the basis of your motivation.
The questions that need to be answered for your motivational letter are as follows:
- How do you see your career developing in the green industry?
- Have you done any career volunteer work? If so, please elaborate on the location, duration, and your experience of it.
- Did you have any involvement in the horticultural industry? If so, please elaborate on what you learned from the experience as an employee or volunteer.
- Have you visited any nurseries? If so, please elaborate on them and the one that made the biggest impression on you.
- What is the distance and name of the nursery nearest to you?
NB: Your application may not be considered if these questions are not answered in your motivational letter.
How to Apply?
If you would like to apply for this bursary, you will need to go online to the bursaries section of the SANA website.
Once you’re on the page, you will need to choose the relevant link in the list of downloadable application forms. When you have downloaded and printed out your form, you will need to fill out the relevant criteria.
Once completed, your application can be sent via the following:
- Email – email@example.com
- Fax – 086 580 9793
NB: The application submission must contain the following in the email subject line,
“SANA Bursary Application – Your full name.”
When submitting your application the following needs to be attached:
- Photograph of yourself (portrait photo, student card, selfie).
- Certified copy of your ID.
- Certified copy of your Tertiary results.
- Motivational letter of at least 150 words.
Requirements for the SANA Tom Arnold Bursary
If you want to apply for this Bursary, you will need to have the following requirements.
- South African citizen.
- Currently a Horticulture or Landscaping student.
- Fully completed your first-year study modules.
- Have a 60% average in every subject.
- Fully registered with your chosen institution.
Wendy Appel, Bursary Administrator
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org