PPC is a company that believes in a healthy, rewarding, and fulfilling working environment to encourage team members to contribute to sustainable growth and achieve the organisation’s values and objectives.
The PPC Bursary programme is designed for those who display loyalty, hard work, and perseverance. Those who are motivated to go the extra mile with a passion for cement and cement-related production, lime, and aggregates.
As a leading supplier of materials in Southern Africa and 11 factories within the African continent, the Bursary offered to students invites a valuable opportunity to work and learn in an environment that is filled with a wealth of knowledge.
The PPC Bursary is available throughout the year.
About This Bursary
The PPC Bursary provides increased opportunities for many young black students to have access to tertiary studies and was formed in accordance with the Amended Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Act.
Career Wise Services assist and administer the application process for the PPC Bursary Programme.
They charge a Bursary Support Fee that is 10% of the overall disbursement of students; and support in the form of mentorship, tutoring, bursar development, campus progress visits, administration of allowances, payment of tuition fees, reporting and interpreting individual student results at the end of every semester.
They select students from around the country, managing bursaries, skills development, and internship programmes.
What does this bursary cover?
Once you have graduated, you will need to work for PPC, depending on the availability within the company, for the time period that the PPC Bursary was awarded to you.
The Bursary covers one or more, or a combination of the below:
- Full Tuition
Who Can Apply?
Anyone who plans on studying Chemistry and Engineering full time, at a recognized South African University related to mining can apply for the bursary.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Environmentally oriented degree
List of Universities:
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Free State
- University of Western Cape.
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University
- University of Stellenbosch
- Walter Sisulu University
- University of Johannesburg
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Rhodes University
- University of Limpopo
- University of Pretoria
- Durban University of Technology (DUT)
- UNISA (University of South Africa)
- University of KZN (UKZN)
- Mangosutho University of Technology
- University of Zululand
- North-West University
- University of Venda of Technology
- Central University of Technology (Free State)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Applicants must ensure that they meet the requirements for the Bursary before applying.
If you do not meet the following requirements, they will not consider your application.
- South African Citizenship
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Must live in the surrounding areas where a mine operates
- Studying or intend to study one of the mentioned fields of study
- Study full-time at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Meet the minimum entry requirements for admission for your chosen field
- Engineering, Geology, and Science degree students must have passed a Matric level 6 for Mathematics and Science
- Proof of need for financial aid
Don’t forget to include the following documents in your application:
- Certified copy of ID Document
- Passport-sized photograph (hard copy application)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric Certificate (if completed)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Latest full academic record (current tertiary students)
How to Apply?
The application process for the PPC Bursary can be done by completing an application form, sent with all required documents, or uploaded online.
You will need to submit copies of all required documents or your application will be discarded.
- Download the PPC application form, or download it at Careerwise when you are logged in.
Once completed, you need to send the application form and required documents by one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
- Apply online through the Career Wise website by clicking on the link provided to begin the online application process. https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/
- The applicant must register a profile
- Log into their profile
- You can track your application progress online
On the application page, if applicable, add the promotion code. If you do not have a promotion code, you may leave the selection box blank. Once your application has been submitted successfully, you’ll receive an email and redirected to the login page.
In order for your application to be accepted for the PPC Bursary, the selection process will consist of two interviews.
Any queries related to the PPC Bursary, you can contact Career Wise directly by phone or email:
Tel. no.: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Find More Bursaries Opportunities Here:
- Latest Bursaries South Africa
- Bursaries for Mining
- Chemical Engineering Bursaries
- Mechanical Engineering Bursaries
- Electrical Engineering Bursaries
- Industrial Engineering Bursaries