The SAPPI Bursary helps ambitious and bright students to fund their studies at accredited Universities. if you are between 18 and 25 and if you want to study at selected study fields, this bursary could be something for you.
Sappi seeks talented candidates to join their firm via the SAPPI bursary scheme. They offer candidates a full scholarship based on their academic results. . Successful candidates for SAPPI Bursaries will receive full support, tuition, books, meals, and accommodation.
Sappi was started in 1936, then known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Ltd. Their headquarters is located within Johannesburg, South Africa. They not only produce but furthermore also sell timber, pulp, paper products, chemical cellulose and all industrial forest-related products. They supply to the whole of Southern Africa, as well as the export market.
Candidates can find more information from any of the Sappi offices HR departments. They are seeking candidates who are eager to work within the forestry industry.
SAPPI Closing Date
The bursary opens on 1 June. This bursary closes 30 September 2020
SAPPI Bursaries Available
If you are planning to study into one of the following directions, Sappi may have a bursary that is ideal for you.
Fields of study include:
- BEng – BSc – Mechanical Engineering
- BEng – BSc- Electrical Engineering
- BEng – BSc – Chemical Engineering
- BEng – BSc – Industrial Engineering
- BEng – BSc – Civil Engineering
- BEng – BSc – Mechatronics
- BEng – BSc – Forestry and Wood Sciences
- National Diploma – Pulp and Paper
- National Diploma in Forestry.
SAPPI Bursary Requirements
If you are currently still in grade 12 or studying at an institute of higher learning, in one of the fields mentioned, you may apply for a SAPPI bursary.
To qualify for any of these SAPPI bursaries, candidates must adhere to the following:
- Must be between 18 and 25 years of age
- Grade 12 level of education minimum
- Provide academic results
- Must be proficient in English
- Must hold a minimum of 60% for English
- Must hold a minimum of 70% – 80% for Mathematics
- Must hold a minimum of 70% – 80% for Physical Science
- Must be a South African citizen
- Possess a valid South African ID
- Must be committed to teaching and making a difference
- Must provide proof of the need for financial aid
Candidates must also provide proof of acceptance at an institute of higher learning. Candidates who hold a 75% or higher average within Physical Science, as well as Mathematics will be given preference.
How to Apply For The SAPPI Bursary
If you satisfy all requirements for this Bursary, there are 2 ways you can send your application to.
- You can do your application online through the career section of SAPPI. You have to register for an account there before you can log in and apply.
- You can hand-deliver your application at your local SAPPI HR department
You will need the following documents to do your application
- Certified copy of your SA ID
- a certified copy of your Matric Certificate
- Certified copies of your Matric results
- Full Tertiary record if available
- Proof you are registered at an accredited University
- Proof of income from your Parents/Guardians
Every year, the interviews with shortlisted candidates finds place in OCtober, November and December.
if you have questions about this bursary and it’s application process, you can direct them to the following: