Do you have the talent and the ambition to shape Africa’s future? The Standard bank Bursary is intended for very talented young professionals who show excellent academic skills. For this bursary, the Standard Bank group considers both postgraduate AND undergraduate students.
Standard Bank is one of the biggest banks on the continent of Africa. They are present in 20 African countries and they have over 50 000 staff members. They provide 150 bursaries to promote the skills development in South Africa. in 2012 they celebrated their 150th anniversary and that is why they are offering 150 bursaries each year.
Every year this bursary opens for applications in April. The closing date is 30 September 2020
The Standard Bank Undergraduate Bursary
If you are in the undertaking of completing your first year successfully, you are eligible to apply for this bursary. In order to be taken into account, you need to show excellent academic results to start with.
They support the following study fields:
Requirements for the undergraduate Bursary
- You have an average of at least 65% in your latest examinations
- You are currently undertaking a full time undergraduate study
- You must meet the entry requirements at a registered public University for the aforementioned study fields.
- If they invite you for the application process you will need to participate in a formal assessment process. This process also includes a psychometric evaluation.
Standard Bank Postgraduate Bursary
This bursary is for students who have shown great academic skills in their undergraduate studies and are seeking funding for their postgraduate study. You will need to do a postgraduate study in the following fields:
Requirements for the Postgraduate bursary
- Your average for the latest examinations was above 65%
- You are registered for a full time Postgraduate study
- You fulfil the entry requirements of the Public Universities for the mentioned study fields above.
- Part of the application process is an assessment which includes a psychometric interview and evaluation.
- An important requirement is that you should be in financial need
What Do These Bursaries Offer?
The Standard Bank Bursary is a bursary that covers full costs. It will cover most costs of your study and related expenses.
They cover the following:
- University fees
- Meals (Self catering / University meals)
- Prescribed books and other materials needed for study
- a Laptop Computer
- a monthly allowance to cover some of the living costs.
- Transport (4 times a year)
How to Apply For the Standard Bank 150 Bursaries?
This Bursary is offered in collaboration with Studytrust. All applications (both undergraduate and postgraduate) go through the online application system Studytrust is using.
In order to apply you will need to register for an account with Leap.ly. After registration you are allowed to login and apply. Make sure to read all the big and small letters to see what important documents you need to include for the registration process.
Read more about this Bursary at Studytrust
Or, register an account directly at leap.ly and apply for this Bursary.
There is also a possibility to apply using the standard bank bursaries application form. This form can only be used if you don’t have access to Internet. It is strongly advised to apply online.
If you have not heard back before 15 January 2021, it is best to contact Studytrust. However, you should normally hear before 21 December 2020 if you are selected for this Bursary