The TETA Bursary is awarding students in Transport related fields. It is a popular bursary to become a pilot in South Africa. Besides Pilot bursaries, TETA offers financial help to more sectors in the Transport Industry.
TETA (Transport Education and Training Authority) is part of the 21 SETAs South Africa has. They are responsible for development and training of skills in the Transport sector. The sectors TETA operates include: Aviation, Rail, taxi, Road Freight, Maritime, Freight handling to name a few.
Who Can Apply For a TETA Bursary?
If you are a student who is studying in the direction of one of these study fields, you can apply for this bursary
- Aeronautical Engineering Bachelor Degree
- Commercial Pilot
- Commercial Divers (Class 2,3,4)
- CPL with APTL subjects
- ATPL (Hour Building)
- (N4-N6) or National Diploma, B-Tech or B degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- (N4-N6) or National Diploma. B-Tech or B Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- B Degree in Marine Engineering
- Nat Diploma, B-Tech, Adv Diploma or B degree in Logistics Management
- Nat Diploma, B-Tech, Adv Diploma or B Degree in Road Transport Management
- Nat Diploma, B-Tech, Adv Diploma or B Degree in Supply Chain Management including Warehouse, Storage and Distribution
- Nat Diploma, B-Tech, Adv Diploma or B degree in Transportation Management
- Nat Diploma, B-Tech, Ad Diploma or B degree in Transport Economics
- Nat Diploma, B-Tech, Adv Diploma or B Degree: Maritime or Nautical Studies
- B Degree Maritime Law
- Masters Degree in Transport Related possible themes in the guidelines
- Instrument Rating
- Instructor’s Rating
What Are The requirements for this Bursary?
Besides studying to the above mentioned study fields, you will also need to satisfy the following requirements:
- You can not be part of any other TETA programmes and receive funding there
- South African Citizen
- You are between 18 and 35 years old
- You must be Unemployed
- You have completed your Matric or are on your way of Completing Matric
- You must be registered at a tertiary education institution (Aviation, Diving, TVET Colleges, HET included)
- Your minimum overall average needs to be 50%
- If you are applying for Aviation Bursaries (Commercial pilot training) you need to be in possession of a valid private pilot license
- If you are applying for Aviation Bursaries (Instructor or Instrument rating) you need to be in possession of a valid commercial pilot license
- If you are from a disadvantaged background or have a disability, you are welcome to apply.
How To Apply For The TETA Bursary?
TETA Bursary Guidelines
TETA Bursary Application form
You need to complete the application form and add the following documents to your application:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Your Matric certificate or latest results
- a complete record of your academic results
- Certified copy of your qualifications or certificates
- Certified ID documents of your Parents or Guardians.
- You will need proof of your house income (payment slip)
- You will need a quote from the tertiary institute you have applied to for registration fees, tuition, accommodation, etc
- An acceptance letter from the tertiary institute you applied to (or some other proof you are accepted)
- If you are a pilot, you will need to include a copy of your PPL
- If you are a commercial diving student your should be a good swimmer, fluent in English and at least 18 years of age
- If you are studying at a private institute you will need proof of accreditation.
Complete applications can only be delivered by post or by hand.
Delivered by Post: Private Bag X10016, Randburg, 2125
If you deliver it by hand you can drop it by the following offices:
- Limpopo Office: Capricorn TVET College, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum, 079 150 2729. Attention: Thandazile Mabuya
- Kwa-Zulu Natal Office: MB House, 635-641 Peter Mokaba Road, Overport, Durban. Tel: 031 301 9614 Attention: Mike Mzolo.
- Western Cape Office: Newlands on Main, Mariendahl House Ground Floor, 13 Main Road, Newlands, Cape Town, 7700. Tel: 021 819 9601/9606/9607 – Attention: Zaidah Sampson.
What Is The Closing Date of this Bursary?
July 2 2021?