The Gast bursary strives to ensure financial support to all top achievers in the Engineering industry. Any high achiever pursuing a BSc, B Eng, or B Tech qualifications in the fields of Engineering can apply, with reference to the following fields of study:
- Quantity Surveying
- Building/Construction Management
- Engineering in terms of civil, mechanical, industrial, and mining industries.
The company invites ambitious students who are willing to be a part of their team.
Closing date of the bursary
Submission is currently closed. Applications start in July 2021.
About the company
The GAST company was founded by Peter Solomon Gast in 1961 when the company first started in the chemical industry. The production of commercial paints the company began with, is still in use today. In the early 1980’s GAST DAMSEL represented the revolutionary product to support soil stabilization.
From that point on, the company provides services in renovation and refurbishment, large construction projects, quality management of waterproofing systems, and vast other services within the civil, construction, industrial, and mining fields.
One of the most important missions of the company is the principle of Employment Equity. After expanding to most of the African continent and North America, they have an ongoing business in more than 32 countries worldwide.
They grant the bursary based upon academic merit with annual renewal according to academic results. Every year covered by the Gast bursary demands one year of work.
After graduation, further training commences and it is excluded from the required period of work.
What does this bursary cover?
The GAST company covers the following costs:
-Expenses equally to annual registration fees
-All exams fees
-Books and learning materials
To be eligible for the GAST bursary, you have to fulfill the next requirements:
South African citizen or permanent resident
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Studying full-time at a recognized South African university in the above-mentioned fields
- Provide proof of university of your preferred and selected field of study
- Provide proof of current academic results and completed Matric with Maths and Science
- Must maintain a minimum of a total 70% academic rate to be considered.
To prevent your application from not getting taken into consideration, you need to meet the requirements outlined.
How to Apply
Applying for the Gast bursary is easy, just make sure to check all required papers and credentials. There is one more step to complete your application.
Besides the necessary documents mentioned above, please don’t forget to secure the additional documentation in the list below:
- ID document
- Detailed CV and motivational letter
- Matric certificate
- Proof of any other qualification
Send all prepared documents to an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that GAST will contact the selected candidates for an interview and additional test. For more information about the bursary, visit the official GAST website.
Address: GAST Liberty Park
96 Achilles Street
Zwavelpoort, Pretoria, 0081
Telephone: +27 (0)12 660 -1616
Find More Bursaries
- Civil Engineering Bursaries
- Mechanical Engineering Bursaries
- Industrial Engineering Bursaries
- Mining Bursaries
- Quantity Surveying Bursaries