The Implats Bursary programme is aimed at students who display strong leadership abilities, boasting good communication skills while having the capacity to perform under pressure. The Implats Bursary Programme provides financial assistance to students studying various mining related degrees.
Impala Platinum Holdings (Implats) owns various companies that specialise in mining. While primarily focused on the extraction of platinum and platinum related metals, Implats operates nickel, copper and cobalt mines. Their largest mine is based in the North West Province, South Africa. Implats runs large scale mining operations in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Canada.
Closing Date of the Bursary
Please note that bursary applications for the Implats Bursary programme will close on the 31 of March 2021.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered for the Implats Bursary Programme. Applicants who have not received any feedback within a month of the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
About the Bursary
The Implats Bursary programme is aimed at students who display strong leadership abilities, boasting good communication skills while having the capacity to perform under pressure. Implats prides itself in its ability to identify and support exceptional students studying degrees in the fields of:
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current focussed)
- Mining Engineering
- Geology (Mining or Exploration focussed)
- BSc in Chemistry
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Surveying (Mining focussed)
- B.Com Accounting
- B.Com Human Resources
Implats Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Prospective applicants need to satisfy all of the requirements of the Implats Bursary in order to be considered for the programme:
- Applications are open to South African citizens ONLY.
- Applicants who have successfully obtained their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Applicants who have received their University exemption.
- Applicants who achieved a 60%+ average for Maths on their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Applicants who achieved a 60%+ average for English on their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Applicants who achieved a 60%+ average for Physical Science on their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- Applicants should be studying or intend to study one of the above mentioned degrees.
- Applicants who possess strong communication skills.
- Applicants who possess strong leadership qualities.
- Applicants who possess the ability to perform under pressure.
Please note that the Implats Bursary is open to those with physical disabilities, provided they have the ability to perform in their relevant position.
What does the bursary cover?
The implats Bursary Programme will provide successful applicants with financial assistance which will pay for the costs of the relevant degree. The bursary will cover the:
- Registration fees of the successful applicant.
- Tuition fees of the successful applicant.
- Residence accommodation fees of the successful applicant.
- Laptop allowance (after the completion of first year) of the successful applicant.
- Cash allowance of the successful applicant.
Please note that successful applicants will be enrolled into a work vacation programme at the end of the year.
How to apply?
Kindly note that students applying for the Implats Bursary Programme are required to print out and complete the application form in black ink.
Once completed the application form should be posted to the Impala Platinum, Bursary Department, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg, 0300.
The following supporting documentation should be attached to the applicant’s application form:
- The applicant should attach a certified copy of their ID certificate.
- The applicant should provide a certified copy of their National Senior Certificate (NSC).
- The applicant should provide a certified copy of their tertiary academic history.
- The applicant should provide a certified record of their conduct at their tertiary institution.
- The applicant should provide a recently updated CV.
- The applicant should provide a black and white passport photograph of themselves.
Failure to adhere to the application requirements will result in the application being disregarded.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview at Implats Rustenburg in the North West Province, South Africa.
Please note that Implats may be directly contacted for all relevant bursary related queries:
- Tel: 014 569 0088 – Implats Bursary Dept.
- E-mail: email@example.com – Implats Bursary Department
Please note that the granting of the Implats Bursary is at the sole discretion of Implats.
Take a Look at our Other Bursaries
- Electrical Engineering Bursaries
- Mechanical Engineering Bursaries
- Chemical Engineering Bursaries
- Bursaries for Chemistry
- Mining Bursaries
- Bursaries for Human resources