If you are a female student looking to further your studies and qualifications in computer sciences, then the Generation Google Scholarship for Women may just be what you are looking for.
Google is looking for women from various continents that are studying in the computer science field and offering an effective means to aid them in furthering their education goals.
To apply for this scholarship, you will need to meet the various requirements and follow the instructions set by Google to be considered for selection. Below is a breakdown of how this scholarship operates and what it expects from applicants.
This scholarship will not be accepting applications after 10 December 2021 at 11:59 PM GMT.
Please ensure that your application along with all requested documents is submitted before this date. Failure to do so will result in your application not being accepted by Google.
What Is The Generation Google Scholarship for Women?
This scholarship was established for women studying in the computer science field to help them become leaders and excel in the technology sector. Successful candidates will receive an award for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The scholarship will be given based on a candidate’s academic history, leadership skills, and impact on culture and diversity. This scholarship program is open to all qualified applicants who meet the minimum requirements.
Women who have a strong interest in the computer science field are highly encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Who Can Apply?
This scholarship is only open to female applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled with a university for the 2021-2022 academic year as a graduate or undergraduate student.
- A citizen of a European, Middle Eastern, or African country.
- Provide an excellent academic background.
- Studying any subject in the computer science field.
- Have leadership skills and the passion to recognition of underrepresented groups in the computer science field.
What Does This Scholarship Cover?
This scholarship will award successful applicants 7000 EUR or local equivalent. This will be paid directly to the student to be used as a means of paying for their tuition, prescribed books, and other study-related expenses.
How To Apply?
Applications for this scholarship are simple. All you need to do is fill in the application form here. Once complete you need to submit the following support documents:
- A brief description of your background.
- An updated CV.
- Certified academic documents for your studies, past, and present.
- A reference letter from an educator, or any sort of supervisor.
- Five responses to the following essay questions with a maximum of 300 words per topic:
- How did you become interested in the computer science field, and what are your goals after completing your studies in this sector?
- Describe the most important computer science task you have worked on so far. What was your approach, and what did you contribute? If it was team-based, what role did you play?
- Provide an example of how you showed effective leadership skills and to what degree. Were you able to reach your goals and complete the given task?
- Outline a challenge that women experience in the technology field and provide how you can contribute to the solution.
- The significance of this scholarship for you and how it will affect your educational aspirations and goals.
Make sure that you answer these questions to the best of your ability as they are crucial to being selected for this scholarship.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this scholarship, you can contact Google by emailing them at the following address: