The Joe Moroleng Local Municipality is in the John Taolo Gaetsewe District of the Northern Cape, South Africa. It is a predominantly rural area and has only a 58% of active people working.
The Joe Moroleng Municipality offer the Joe Moroleng Assmang Bursary to students who are currently in Grade 12 and obtain a university entrance in their matric exams, as well as students who are currently studying at university.
Assmang is a private mining company which operates across South Africa. In the Northern Cape they mine manganese ore at the Black Rock Mining Complex, and iron ore at Khumani and Beeshoek mines. They are committed to educate and develop people, and, as such, work alongside the Joe Moroleng Municipality to award the Joe Moroleng Assmang Bursary to worthy students.
As such, it is a bursary being offered by a municipality and a private company in South Africa.
Please submit your application form and all relevant documents by the 3rd December 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
About the Joe Morolong Assmang Bursary
The Joe Moroleng Municipality believe that education is incredibly important, particularly from a societal side. They are proud to expand their social and labour plan programme to learners from destitute backgrounds. They are also committed to helping disabled people.
The Joe Moroleng Assmang Bursary is open to students wanting to study / who are studying a variety of degrees in different fields. These include –
- Medical Doctor
- Agricultural Science
- Social Science
- Information Technology
- Town and Regional Planning
Who Can Apply?
There are a couple of different criteria for acceptance to the Joe Morolong Assmang Bursary –
- People between, and including, the ages of 18 – 35 years old
- Acceptance to study at accredited universities in South Africa
- Full time studying of their degree
- If you are currently studying a degree, then you must pass and be promoted into your next year of your degree (e.g., first to second year at university)
- Preference to previously disadvantaged students
- Residing in the Joe Morolong Municipality, Northern Cape
What does this bursary cover?
The Joe Moroleng Assmang Bursary covers the full cost of the student’s university degree. It is awarded to students within the local municipal area.
How to Apply?
Applying for the Joe Morolong Assmang Bursary is straightforward, please follow the instructions below. It is important to fully complete your application, as if it is incomplete, your application will not be considered.
Please fill in all your details on the bursary application form by clicking on the following link: Joe Moroleng Bursary Application Form
You are required to fill in the following information:
- Your personal details
- Your educational background
- Details of your degree (IF you are currently studying at university)
- Details of your parents / guardians
Please attach the following documents to your application, please ensure that they have been certified:
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 results
- Certified copy of your university academic record (IF you are currently studying at university)
- Certified provisional acceptance by a university
- Certified Parent/Guardian proof of income
- Certified Affidavit from SAPS if the parent / guardian are / is unemployed
- Certified proof of residence
Please either email or send your details and certified documents to the Joe Morolong Municipality’s’ postal / street address which are listed below.
Mr. Tebogo Tlhoaele
Phone number: (053) 773 9300 / 0800 773 9300
Address: D320 Cardington Road, Churchill Village, Mothibistad, 8474
Postal address: Private Bag X117, Mothibistad, 8474