The SANTAM Bursary is for students who are in their second year and onwards of your Undergraduate studies and also if you are looking for funding for your Honours Degree. They offer Bursaries for various study fields.
SANTAM is an Insurance company who is specialized in short term Insurances. They are 1 of the biggest Insurance companies in South Africa. They have their own Skills Development Academy which they started in 2018 to celebrate their 100th Birthday. Inside the Academy, you will find a way to finance your study and develop your skills.
This bursary opens around April and closes 30 September 2020
Who Can Apply?
In order to apply for the Santam Bursary you will need one of the following
- Bachelor Degree (2,3th,4th Year student)
- Honours Degree
- Postgraduate Diploma
You will need the above for one of the following study fields:
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Insurance/Risk Management/Law
- Accounting / Economics/ Finance
- Chemical- / Civil Engineering
What Are the Requirements?
Like most bursaries there are basic requirements and some specific requirements.
The basic requirements are:
- You need to be a SA Citizen with Passport
- You have Completed one of the aforementioned degrees
- You have done this for one of the mentioned study fields
- You have a strong motivation to start a career within Santam
- You show strong academic skills and potential
- Your average score for your Undergraduate degree is above 65% for the latest examinations
What Will The Bursary Cover?
If you are one of the selected applicants, you will receive the following as expenses:
- Prescribed Books
- Tuition Fees
What is expected from the Bursar?
If you show great skill there is a possibility Santam will invite you for their Graduate Programme. You will be required to work for Santam for the amount of years you received funding. If you received 2 years of funding, you will need to work for them for the duration of 2 years.
Expect to receive an outcome for your application before 21 december 2020. If you have not heard back from them before 15 january 2021, it is smart to contact them through StudyTrust.
How To Apply?
Like some other bursaries, all applications go through Studytrust,
You will need to make an account there and do your Application via Leap.ly. This is the online application system used by Studytrust.
Read carefully their instruction in order to apply and send them the right documents.
If you don’t have access to the internet or if you previously did a Gap year, there is also an opportunity to apply offline using this application form. But it is strongly recommended to do it online.