Chemical Engineering is all about science. Life science including biochemistry and microbiology. Physical science including chemistry and physics. It is the study of chemicals, the way they are formed, they work and interact, are transformed and also transported within safe environments.
Bursaries for Chemical Engineering cover many Engineering study fields in South Africa. Here is a list of some of the companies offering Chemical Engineering Bursaries.
Bursaries for Chemical Engineering
- Anglo Platinum
- Anglo American
- Anglo Coal
- Access Trust
- BHP Billiton
- De Beers
- Department of Education
- Eskom Bursaries
- First Rand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship
- Gold Fields
- National Skills Fund
- Palabora Copper
- SA Military
- Standard Bank Bursary
- Study Trust
- Water Affairs
Here are the most common study fields if considering a career in Chemical Engineering:
- Product Development Scientist
- Process Development Scientist
- Energy Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Petroleum Engineer
You may also look at the following fields:
- Mining Engineer
- Quality Manager
- Production Manager
- Energy Manager
- Analytical Chemist
- Materials Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
A degree in chemical engineering prepares you to work in a wide range of industry, these can include law, management, finance, engineering and other business sectors.
Candidates meaning to study in this field must meet all requirements as set by each company to be eligible to apply for a bursary. More detail can be obtained for each company listed above by clicking on the company name. Basic requirements can include the following:
- Applicants must hold a valid ID document and be a South African citizen.
- Applicants must be analytical thinkers and have problem solving skills.
- Applicants may need an approval letter of acceptance at an Institute of Higher Learning.
- Applicants need a passion for this field and be able to work as part of a team
- Applicants must have excellent academic records.
- Applicants must have exceptional language skills for presentation and communication.
Chemical Engineering works with living cells, chemicals, microorganisms and raw materials to develop products and more.
There are also more fields that are available with this degree and endless possibilities.