Magalies Water is a regional water utility that provides bulk water and sanitation services to industrial customers, municipalities, and mining operations in the North West, Gauteng, and Limpopo provinces.
Magalies Water follows a process to convert raw water from their two catchment areas – the Crocodile and Pienaar rivers – and makes this water available for public consumption.
They buy the raw water from the Department of Water and Sanitation, and, from there, follow their services process to convert the raw water.
As a result, there are many stages and roles that are required to fulfill these duties, so Magalies Water offer numerous bursaries to give young students a chance to learn these and, from there, develop and apply their knowledge to work within the utility.
Please submit your application by the 30th November 2021.
If you have not heard back within 30 days of the closing date (30th December 2021), please accept that your application for the Magalies Water Bursary for 2022 has been unsuccessful.
About the Magalies Water Bursary
Magalies Water places a great amount of emphasis on youth development, and, as such offers bursaries to students between the ages of 18 – 35 among a variety of different fields of study.
Magalies Water is made up of a complex system and so they want to develop individuals to fulfill various roles through higher education in the relevant specialized areas.
It is thus important that these individuals get the right qualifications and that they are offered the best practical education to become a part of Magalies Water as well as the relevant South African sector it falls within.
Who Can Apply?
The Magalies Water Bursary is aimed at developing young South Africans (18 – 35 years old). The students must be eligible to study at any accredited and registered academic institution in South Africa and must be averaging 65% in their studies.
The bursary is offered to students studying towards the following degrees and diplomas:
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Technology Degree in Water Care
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry /Analytical Chemistry
- National Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology / Microbiology
The following students will be given preference for selection:
- South African citizen
- Residing within the Magalies Water area of operation
- Previously disadvantaged individuals
- People with disabilities
How to Apply?
Applying for the Magalies Water Bursary is straightforward, however does require several documents. You need to submit the following documents by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Application Form:
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate
- Certified copy of your ID
- Parent’s proof of income
- Proof of residence
- Acceptance letter from the Higher Education Institution (if applicable)
Phone Number: 014 597 4636
Physical Address: 38 Heystek Street, Rustenburg, 0300
Email Address: email@example.com