The Hatch MDDOP is a financial aid program established to assist students who wish to pursue a major engineering career. Hatch’s MDDOP Bursary is aimed toward engineering students who will need cover for study-related fees, and have an interest in vacation work. This bursary is part of Hatch’s initiative to foster career growth and development for employees and communities alike.
Hatch was established in the year 1955 in Ontario, Canada. It provides consulting, technologies, operations support, project and construction management to clients in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors. Hatch is a global entity and has served in areas such as China, Brazil, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa, and many more.
Hatch aims to create positive change, especially in career development. Their diverse industries and streams offer choices based on where you are career-wise, and where you would like to go next. Hatch is a well-connected organization, and therefore they have strong long-lasting partnerships with education and research centers that help with the driving and development of new ideas. This bursary program offers the opportunity to take charge of your future, find flexibility, and learn from others.
This Bursary’s application closing date is TBA. Therefore it is highly advised to submit your application to Hatch as soon as possible to be considered for this Bursary.
What Is The Hatch Bursary MDDOP?
This is a Bursary program that provides financial aid to a student’s study-related fees. Hatch also provides the opportunity for vacation work to students, if they wish to acquire some work experience for their career prospects. Hatch will require you to meet selected criteria to be considered for their MDDOP Bursary.
Who Can Apply For The Hatch Bursary MDDOP?
This Bursary program applies to postgraduate students of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, and Chemical Engineering.
Hatch also expects potential candidates to meet the following requirements to be considered for their MDDOP Bursary:
- The candidate must be a South African citizen.
- Candidate must have completed their matric year or are currently involved with it.
- Candidate must be studying or intend to study in the above engineering fields.
- The candidate must study or intend to study at a recognized tertiary institution in the country.
- Matric candidates must have a minimum of 90% for an academic overall average.
- Tertiary students must have a minimum of 65% for an academic overall average.
What does the Hatch Bursary MDDOP cover?
This Bursary covers the fees for the student’s tuition, prescribed books, accommodation, travel costs, computer expenses, and also provides a permitted monthly allowance.
How to Apply?
If you want to apply for this Bursary, it can be done online by first registering with Hatch here:
You will then have to select the field of study you wish to have the bursary apply to. (I.e Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical.)
You will also be required to submit the following documents with your application:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate.
- If currently in Matric, a certified copy of your Grade 11 final results and your latest Matic results.
- Proof of acceptance to a recognized institution.
- If you are at a tertiary level, a full tertiary academic record.
- An updated CV.
If you have any questions about the bursary, you may contact:
Thabiso Molakeng or Adeela Cajee
Contact Number: (011) 239 5300
Address: 58 Emerald Parkway Road, Greenstone Hill, Johannesburg 1609
PO Box: Private Bag X20 Gallo Manor 2052 South Africa