About Sun International Bursaries
The Sun International trade name operations include casinos, luxury hotel products and resorts stretching across ten countries with 27 destinations, hotels or resorts. Southern sun has develop its own game resorts and the resorts are all successful. Their destinations offer incredible adventure, exceptional luxury accommodations and highly lasting journeys with an array of personal experiences. These are brought to their clients through their hospitality, gaming, entertainment and more offered at each destination.
Sun International Bursaries ensures economic empowerment and equal opportunities for all candidates, with committed contributions. They have a global capability and a convincing development process towards resorts, casinos, and hotels, at the same time they are tremendously in service to up-and-coming markets. Sun International Bursaries gives candidates a great opportunity to grow and realize their dreams.
Sun International Bursaries Available for 2019
Sun International Bursaries includes most fields one would find in the leisure and hospitality industry. However, they also focus on welfare, education, cultural activities, and health.
Candidates may look at the following fields of study if interested in applying for a bursary provided by Sun International:
- Hotel Management
- Information Technology
- Hospitality Studies
- Food and Beverage
- Marketing and Sales
- Human Resources
- Electrical Engineering
- Sports and Recreation
There may be a variety of different fields made available yearly.
Sun International Bursary Requirements
Candidates who wish to apply for a bursary in any of the fields provided may do so if they also fulfill all the requirements. Candidates may apply to any of the Universities, TVET Colleges and the University of Technology within South Africa.
Candidates must have the following to apply:
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must hold a South African ID document
- Candidates must have just completed or are currently completing their Matric year of study
- Candidates in their 1st year of study within one of the available fields may also apply
- Candidates from a previously disadvantaged background
- Candidates who are female
Preference will be given to candidates who live close to any of the Sun International Resorts or Hotels. Bursaries provided by Sun International are only partial bursaries. They will be awarded to talented candidates based on their financial need, as well as their academic results.
Sun International Bursaries Application
Sun International bursaries application online are not available. Interested candidates may submit an enquiring e-mail to [email protected], or by sending an SMS containing the word STUDY, their initials, surname and email address to 31022.
Download the application and then complete all fields honestly. Candidates must indicate clearly which study field they are applying for, as well as they University or Institute of Higher Learning they intend to study at and also the duration of the course.
If you intend submitting via e-mail please ensure all documentation is in PDF format. The documentation must not exceed one megabyte.
It is not recommended that applicants change their study field once the applications have been submitted. If candidates do wish to change their field of study and awarded bursary may be cancelled. Bursaries for any private learning institute will not be considered.
Candidates must please attach the following documentation to their applications:
- Matric Certificate or NSC results
- Certified copy of ID document of applicant
- Certified copy of ID document of parents or guardians
- Certified copy of June exam results
- A testimonial from an educational official
- A testimonial from a community leader, spiritual leader or political leader
- Letters of recommendation may be submitted, these include letters from friends, a parent or guardian
- A short essay on your life, your history, future ideas, interests, hobbies and any other relevant information
- Proof of parents or guardians salary, this could include a pay slip, affidavit or letter from employer
Sun International Bursaries Closing Date
Closing date for applications is the end of September yearly. Requests for applications will close the end of August each year, however. Candidates can expect a final answer by the end of December the same year that they submit the application in.
Please bear in mind that there are thousands of applications received yearly. Not all candidates may receive an acknowledgment of receipt of their application. Yet, you can rest assured that all the applications will be taken into consideration.